Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fruits & Veggies

User Info Menu

Re: Fruits & Veggies

Don't forget to bring some imported plastic shopping bags and bottled water with you to feed the critters who eat them or burn them. They really add to that back home feeling when you snorkel. Why bother buying local when you can bring it from foreign?

Stir it up, little darlin' . . .
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marblehead View Post
    Don't forget to bring some imported plastic shopping bags and bottled water with you to feed the critters who eat them or burn them. They really add to that back home feeling when you snorkel. Why bother buying local when you can bring it from foreign?

Stir it up, little darlin' . . .
    Thank you. I don't even think of bringing things to eat or drink as I am very happy with the Jamaican food, vegetables and fruit. I have had the same water bottle for the past 10 years!
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Yowza. This thread sure did take on a life of its own. When I saw the number of replies I was so excited that everyone was telling me their favorite place to buy produce on the road from MoBay to Negril. Lol. The good news is I’ve talked to my driver and he’s going to stop along the way.

User Info Menu

Yowza is right, Julihawa! Great to hear your driver will stop for you...he won't steer you wrong!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    See, this comment is what I'm talking about above. It's how you handle things. Again, I get having a responsibility to inform, but a modicum of respect would go a long way. Vi has contributed a lot to this site over the years.
    TAH

This is me "liking" your comments

User Info Menu

The infamous Andre has a fruit and vegetable business from the lush earth of the St Elizabeth mountains. You can preorder and he could meet you at your preferred destination

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Manda81 View Post
    fruit and vegetable business from the lush earth of the St Elizabeth mountains.
    Oh my...yesss...St. Elizabeth is known for the best of the best veg in Jamaica...sooo good!! 👍

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    See, this comment is what I'm talking about above. It's how you handle things. Again, I get having a responsibility to inform, but a modicum of respect would go a long way. Vi has contributed a lot to this site over the years.
    Another "like", or +1 or whatever the kids nowadays call it to all of TAHs comments in this thread.

It's not easy to have a dissenting opinion here, and there's never any grey area. Heels get dug in, and it's not a conversation - it's about being "told how it is".

I've had my comments deleted, received a temporary ban, and had the truthfulness of my actual, real world JA experiences called into question on more than one occasion (it is not libel or slander if what you're saying is truthful and actually happened!), while having my words, after being deleted, twisted and used to mock and make fun - and it's why I also rarely have much to share here. I have found that there are Facebook groups that provide as much, if not more information, without the censorship and holier-than-thou attitudes that are sometimes found here.
    Last edited by HarryS; 06-12-2018 at 11:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Running a very public forum (over 1/2 million+ people viewing), a forum that is Jamaican owned & monitored and a forum that has the responsibility to get the facts straight isn't an easy one.
    Some people seem to understand that and obviously others don't. Some people are okay with their opinions or experiences being challenged others aren't. The same thing happens on ALL forums! Libel and slander is no joke and whole other can of worms.

A personal Facebook page is just that and there's a million+ of them out there! There used to be no responsibility in information on those pages...but as everyone knows...
    those laws are changing as we speak!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Running a very public forum (over 1/2 million+ people viewing), a forum that is Jamaican owned & monitored and a forum that has the responsibility to get the facts straight isn't an easy one.
    Some people seem to understand that and obviously others don't. Some people are okay with their opinions or experiences being challenged others aren't. The same thing happens on ALL forums! Libel and slander is no joke and whole other can of worms.

A personal Facebook page is just that and there's a million+ of them out there! There used to be no responsibility in information on those pages...but as everyone knows...
    those laws are changing as we speak!
    Lisa,
    It would just be nice, if once in a while one of you or Rob would acknowledge that maybe you didn't handle something as well as could have been handled. But that never happens. You two are always 100% correct, no matter what. And the down talking that happens is just... ugly. Especially once the peanut gallery gets on board.