Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Just returned from Negril and we had the time of our lives!! *Pics*

User Info Menu

Beautiful pictures! Can't wait for more. Starting to get the yearly itch, and these help.

User Info Menu

Daisy.......why you make me cry so early in the mawnin? tears of joy of course. Thank you for taking time to post for us. It is amazing that you RE-connected so deeply with Jamaica. I love the pictures especially the one of Markus with the sun on his face with not one bit of stress (bliss). I knew you would love Catcha - it is magic there and the shot of you by the wata in the evening is another moment that a photo cannot even do justice. Love the one of Jamar w/prayer hands in the falls, and you bobbing in the sea.....and and and..........

You guys are beautiful people and I am thrilled that you had such great memories to keep forever.......till next reach!

LOVE YOU
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Daisy & Markus

The first journey to JA that my beloved wife took me on 4 years ago was for my birthday. First day we landed we at Jerk Chicken at 3 Dives and then ended the night with Dirty Bananas at the Xtabi Bar (props to Donovan). I never told my wife this but that even in the dark, not seeing much of JA, enjoying DB with my wife (girlfriend at the time) I fell in love with Jamaica and Negril. More importantly I fell more hopelessly in love with my wife for sharing this with me.

I say all that to say I'm glad you guys had even better time this time than before. Every time I journey to JA with my wife it gets better. Your pictures are awesome (its nice to actually see you in some of them ) and I cant wait to hear about the journey, its always about the journey. When I use to fly out to SF and go to burning man I would get a lot more peaceful inside. The stress of the outside world slowly leaving me. I found that when I came back I was always happier, nicer, more fun to be around. When I hugged someone I loved it wasn't a quick pat on the back it was a deep meaningful hug (my friend Pricilla says everyone needs a minimum of 5 hugs a day). I find that when you find somewhere that makes you happy and you go there, when you come back you smile brighter, walk lighter and love deeper. Jamaica is my spiritual bleach if you will. Cleans out the grime makes me smile because I'm happy and more importantly because my wife is.

Hold on to that feeling for as long as the outside world will let you. And trust me they try to take it from you. But just remember everything is Irie
    Da Ninja - 1st Annual Belly Flop Champ - Soon Come

~Fear accompanies the possibility of Death, Calm shepherds its certainty.

People's actions no longer affect a warrior when he has no more expectations of any kind. A strange peace becomes the ruling force in his life. He has adopted one of the concepts of a warrior's life -- detachment.
    ~from "The Eagle's Gift"~
    blog.ralonzosinclair.com

User Info Menu

So glad you had a wonderful time, can't wait for the report love the pics. I am leaving soon too yea! another adventure

User Info Menu

Well said Ralonzo29

See....he gets it.....that first trip was his test....he passed....so I married him
    LOL

User Info Menu

Oh my goodness...the pictures are stunningly vivid. Can't wait for more. If I wasn't getting excited enough to leave next Saturday, this is just putting it over the top.

User Info Menu

Beautiful pics Daisy. I'm so happy you had a great time and can't wait for your report which I know will be awesome.

User Info Menu

As Clarity can well relate, it's an interesting phenomenon how we enjoy Negril MORE with repeated visits, and I think it has to do with the people on the island -- there is something VERY special about Jamaicans, the way they remember you, the way they are genuinely glad to see you again and genuinely proud that tourists have gone through the trouble of returning when there are some many othern wonderful vacation spots in the world.

God, I love the things everyone loves about Negril -- the amazing water and beaches and cliff views, the fantastic hotel deals, the flavorful food, the wholehearted acceptance of ganja -- but it's the people themselves on the island like the hotel workers, the cabbbies, the storeowners, even a few of the hustlers, that have kept me coming back.

It's just not the same as returning to Cancun or Hawaii. Negril is VERY special, and it has a warm place in my heart. Clarity, you have found a way to reach out and touch that special place, not just in my heart but for all of us, and that is what makes your trip reports and your love of Jamaica so genuine.

Oh, and one last thing: please include every single detail about Triple X down to the colors the dancing girls were wearing!

User Info Menu

What beautiful pictures to look at first thing this morning. Especially since we had the first SNOW yesterday! I'm not ready for winter! Thanks Daisy, for taking the time to post your pictures. They are breathtaking! I think I would cry if I had to leave after just 6 days. We've never been in Negril for less than 2 weeks and 3 weeks in 1995. That was awesome!
    I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time and that your friend enjoyed his first time in Jamaica.
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)

User Info Menu

Your pictures are beautiful. I'm glad you had a great time. Thanks for sharing. More soon come ---- I can't wait!