Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Just returned from Negril and we had the time of our lives!! *Pics*

User Info Menu

"I also met someone that made me realize that my ties to Jamaica are deeper than I realized and my brother's desire to travel here was for more than just a vacation. This trip was life changing."

Hope to hear more about this if you are up to sharing any of it!!

Beautiful photos!

User Info Menu

Fantastic photos and a great trip report. I think you are hooked for life!

User Info Menu

Really looking forward to the 3 way, trip report that is........ Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics. Loved the dirty banana one and I agree that Carol makes not only tasty drinks, they are lookers as well.

User Info Menu

Clarity just a quick question, which one did you like more cliff or beach? now that you have experince both.

User Info Menu

The bar @ sunnyside, is that the same Robert the bartender from For Real? And where is it?

User Info Menu

Lola - will definitely write about all of my experiences, I may have to change a few names when it comes to the super personal stuff. But this is definitely something special that I want to share.

ReggaeRoy - yes, we're certainly hooked for life! We are already planning for our next trip!

Booger - looking forward to trying a 3 way, should be interesting because right now Markus is on his way to Germany, so he'll be updating from overseas. Jamar will be updating from his apartment separately...I'm wondering how all of this re-telling of our experiences will even match up. We're going to try to time it so they're at least posted together, but I don't know how it's going to work. Should be an interesting and fun experiment.

Negrilbay - that's a difficult question, I love both for different reasons

I love the activity on the beach, walking around and talking to people.. they're is always so much action. All the great beach bars... I even love the vendors. It feels like an adventure. There is nothing like feeling the sand inbetween your toes and walking through the water splashing against the shore. Swimming endless laps through the gentle waves. I will always love the beach.

The cliffs on the other hand were so relaxing. I loved sitting on the cliffs at night gazing up at the stars... just me and Markus holding hands.. you can fall asleep in a hammock undisturbed. It feels like paradise. Jumping off the cliffs into turquoise waters and non-stop snorkeling. So many fish! The peace and quiet moments for reflection. I fell in love with the cliffs.

I think that if I stayed too long on the cliffs I might get bored, but staying too long on the beach might be too hectic. I think splitting it between the two is a perfect compromise. It's like Yin and Yang. I don't think I'll ever be just a "cliff dweller" or just a "beach bum". I need both.

Smokingsquirel - Yes, "Sunnyside" is the new bar owned by Robert and Maureen from "For Real". Same great prices, same awesome vibe.. It's my new favorite bar on the beach. I recommend stopping by to say "hi!" on your next reach. They've only been open for 2 weeks and it's been hard for them just starting out. They don't have their sign up yet and no one knows where they are. I know that once they are officially "rediscovered" they're going to be a great success. It's just a matter of spreading the news via word of mouth.

You can find Sunnyside next to "ROOMS" Inbetween Roots Bamboo and Grand Pineapple.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Looking forward to another trip report Clarity. Should be interesting the 3 of you telling your experiences.

User Info Menu

Dear Daisy and Markus and Jamar - Saturday night was such a blast. I wish I had taken more opportunity to talk with you guys but all I wanted to do was dance.
    We have just returned home tonight - got in at 9:30pm. Looking forward to your trip report and the pictures so far are just gorgeous.

User Info Menu

Gorgeous pictures! I am glad you had the best time ever.

User Info Menu

Cool

Hi Daisy it was also a pleasure meeting you guys at Seastar. Glad you enjoyed your stay at Catcha, it is very hard not loving it.

As far as doing a split vacation, you are right a little cliff time mixed in with some beach time. We do one week each and thats what works for us. Looking forward to your report.

Cheers,

Gilles and Dolly