Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: April 2019

User Info Menu

April 2019

Since I'm on a set vacation schedule and the last week of April is my annual trip to Negril, planning isn't too difficult these days!

Hotel deposit sent.

Waiting for flights to come online so I can start checking pricing.

250 days to go!

Hoping to do the "Other Way" Pub Crawl and, of course, the Boardie Bash is a favorite!

So much to do in the meantime; fall is my favorite season and I'm eager for the next few months in New England.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Re: April 2019

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    Since I'm on a set vacation schedule and the last week of April is my annual trip to Negril, planning isn't too difficult these days!

Hotel deposit sent.

Waiting for flights to come online so I can start checking pricing.

250 days to go!

Hoping to do the "Other Way" Pub Crawl and, of course, the Boardie Bash is a favorite!

So much to do in the meantime; fall is my favorite season and I'm eager for the next few months in New England.
    We have never been in April. Now that we are retired we are trying different times to go. Nothing like making that hotel deposit. Where do you stay?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Honey View Post
    We have never been in April. Now that we are retired we are trying different times to go. Nothing like making that hotel deposit. Where do you stay?
    I really enjoy the last week of April. I'm an elementary school teacher so I have limited times to travel. December and February are more expensive than April, so that is one reason I started going in April. Also, the Boardie Bash- getting to meet and reconnect with people is really cool. In late April, you can often get "low season" pricing on hotels, yet there is still enough going on that almost all restaurants and excursions are available.

I'm returning to Rondel Village for this trip.

User Info Menu

Ok friends, not letting this thread go by the wayside...

Update:

still need to connect with hotel re: actual deposit in the making....

return flight booked with JetBlue- a 15:15 ish flight which is so much better than the 11:15 flight I had this past April!

Also, working towards 27 Sept. when Southwest releases flights through first week of June then booking arrival flight with points!

I know I can't be the only one... you closet over-planners must be out there too!!! Let me know

disclaimer: remember that I only have certain weeks off, so this planning isn't totally crazy... (right?)

User Info Menu

We'll be there for boardie bash

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Ok friends, not letting this thread go by the wayside...

Update:

still need to connect with hotel re: actual deposit in the making....

return flight booked with JetBlue- a 15:15 ish flight which is so much better than the 11:15 flight I had this past April!

Also, working towards 27 Sept. when Southwest releases flights through first week of June then booking arrival flight with points!

I know I can't be the only one... you closet over-planners must be out there too!!! Let me know

disclaimer: remember that I only have certain weeks off, so this planning isn't totally crazy... (right?)
    I'm usually an over planner, especially for a Feb trip, but I found out last year that Negril is slowing down at the end of April and easier to get a good deal if you wait a bit (of course, that does depend on where you fly out of... I've talked to some people that have limited options to Jamaica from their local airports). So I'm waiting til I get back in Feb to look for deals in April...

Last edited by ukran1ans; 09-17-2018 at 12:40 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    I'm usually an over planner, especially for a Feb trip, but I found out last year that Negril is slowing down at the end of April and easier to get a good deal if you wait a bit (of course, that does depend on where you fly out of... I've talked to some people that have limited options to Jamaica from their local airports). So I'm waiting til I get back in Feb to look for deals in April...

Great thoughts.... I usually fly with only JetBlue and Southwest - often a split as in the case for this trip... I'll fly down with SW and pay for that with points, and I booked my flight home with JetBlue already because even though the price was a little high, it wasn't outrageous and since I have the points with SW it's basically the total cost for round trip. I was originally planning to book both flights with points but had a situation in FLL in June and needed a flight fast so I dumped a lot of points into that... I also book early because I want to pick my favorite seats, and in the case of SW, if the price goes down, you can get a credit for the balance.

User Info Menu

i'm waiting to book my return flight on southwest in may because i know i will have a lot of luggage. i booked my flight down in june....usually fly out of toronto to kingston because of straight flights but doing delta this year.

User Info Menu

Wife and I will be back end of April as well. Flights are booked and for at least part of the trip, hotel is paid.

User Info Menu

Great thoughts.... I usually fly with only JetBlue and Southwest - often a split as in the case for this trip... I'll fly down with SW and pay for that with points, and I booked my flight home with JetBlue already because even though the price was a little high, it wasn't outrageous and since I have the points with SW it's basically the total cost for round trip. I was originally planning to book both flights with points but had a situation in FLL in June and needed a flight fast so I dumped a lot of points into that... I also book early because I want to pick my favorite seats, and in the case of SW, if the price goes down, you can get a credit for the balance.
    Not sure if you were the inspiration but I did check flights yesterday and found a $450 round trip from buffalo (usually it's around $600) and booked it immediately for April thru expedia (using multiple airlines... Jetblue & american). Not a big fan of Southwest since they have a few more seating rows than the other airlines and my legs get really cramped on their planes. I used my American points for my trips previous to April. Just have to see now what hotel I'm booking (leaning towards Whites Sands as usual but I do have friends staying at Yellow bird).

Last edited by ukran1ans; 09-20-2018 at 02:47 PM.