Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driver while in Negril

User Info Menu

Driver while in Negril

We will not be in Negril until the first week of Feb, but I am interested in any recommendations any of you might have. In our previous three visits, all about 10 years ago, I had a driver named Charles who worked out really well, but I have no clue if he is still around so I am starting the research to find a good fit for our visit.

On our first visit we did the usual sightseeing stops, such as YS Falls and the Black River, but after that our stops turned more personal, which was perfect for me. We would see places Charles wanted me to see, and we would visit family and friends he wanted me to meet. I realized some of this was to help his family , and I was happy to do a little bit to help. On one our visits, a staff member at the RIU Tropical Bay took me out for half a day to essentially do the same.

This is the kind experience I will be looking for in February. It could be a driver who does our private transfers from and to Mobay, but it does not need to be. It would also be nice to have someone to call to drive us to the Cliffs, to town any other places we might want to visit. Since the only two drivers I have had in Negril gave me this experience, I have to imagine there are a number of other who would do the same.

I should add that photography is part of the equation here.

Thanks for any recommendations.
    Last edited by Bruce; 09-16-2018 at 12:53 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: Driver while in Negril

Last edited by captaind; 09-16-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Bruce...there's a great group of drivers here on negril.com. Maybe email a few of them & see who you feel connected with...
    https://negril.com/transport/

Also...do you remember what the vehicle looks like that Charles drove? We may know him.

User Info Menu

Out of sheer curiosity, where are you staying this coming trip?

Have you come to any decisions on your driver? I've never personally hired someone, but I know the list provided by this site is vetted and trusted. It's just a matter of connecting, discussing, and confirming
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    I recommend Linston. He's a careful and reliable driver.

Cap
    Thanks Captain. I saw that Linston was someone you have used for a long time, so he must be good, but I also see I am there for a week during your longer stay. I am not sure how that might work out. Either way, Linston peaks my interest.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    Out of sheer curiosity, where are you staying this coming trip?

Have you come to any decisions on your driver? I've never personally hired someone, but I know the list provided by this site is vetted and trusted. It's just a matter of connecting, discussing, and confirming
    Other than one stay at Coco la Palm, we have always stayed at the RIU Tropical Bay. It works for us.

I am just getting started looking for a driver, so I am in no rush. On the other hand, I don't want to over think this. I am sure there are a number of drivers that might fit the bill. I will do a little bit of that connecting and discussing. Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Bruce...there's a great group of drivers here on negril.com. Maybe email a few of them & see who you feel connected with...
    https://negril.com/transport/

Also...do you remember what the vehicle looks like that Charles drove? We may know him.
    Thanks Bnewb! I will definitely be looking at options from your list of drivers.

This is Charles. He drove an older white van.

Name:  charles-M.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  78.7 KBName:  Charles 3-M.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  92.9 KB

User Info Menu

Hi Bruce,

Linston is my son. I have my own vehicle so he's always available

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave