Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beach vs Cliffs

User Info Menu

Re: Beach vs Cliffs

We tried splitting our stay a few times and came to the conclusion that the cliffs are a nice place to visit but we don't like staying up there. Cliffs are great if you just want to catch up on your reading but we tended to get bored during the days on the cliffs.

User Info Menu

we used to split our trip up between the cliffs and beach , love the slow vibe of the cliffs but usually after 3 days on the clifss we r ready for the beach as mentioned by a couple ppl above. its easier to just stay on the beach and get a ride to the cliffs. If you do want to try the cliffs out a good place to try for a couple days is catch a falling star gardens. inexpensive . great staff and across the street from our favorite bar on the cliffs called LTU.

User Info Menu

this year however we are spending all are time on the beach because the wife has more triuble getting around and it can get dicey walking the road on the cliffs, esp. at night.

User Info Menu

I'm taking my girlfriend for her 1st time. I have about a dozen trips under my belt. I booked 6 nights on the cliffs and 3 nights on the beach.
    I really like the vibe in the cliffs, but I want her to have the beach experience also. The cliffs just seems a bit more chill. More privacy, less hustlers, less police.....lol

User Info Menu

I couldn't of said it better IB Michael....Way more privacy..NO hustler's & love the smell of all the different foods being prepared ad you come the West End rd from the beach...& we can walk the to any restaurant with no problems if we choose to...but no more DA BAR across the street from our place...gotta go back to 3 Dives to see Eddie

User Info Menu

My hubs loves the cliffs but I enjoy the beach. Sometimes we do split stays sometimes we don’t. Thus yr was only cliffs. I think we will only do cliffs from now on unless we are taking the new granddaughter. There is a complete peaceful feeling about the cliffs.

User Info Menu

CCLP great beach choice. On the cliffs we loved Rock House the best but it is extremely hard to book. Sometimes a year in advance to get rooms. But you can always just ask to be put on the list if there is a cancellation. Catcha Falling Star also very nice. Home Sweet Home a little less upscale but nice also. Just go through Trip Advisor and look at hotels or negrilonestop.com has lots of pictures at lots of resorts on beach and cliffs. Narrow it down to a few then come back here for opinion of boardies.

User Info Menu

My hubby and I used to stay 3 days at the cliff and then venture to the beach for 10 days or so, we love walking and going to all of the different places to eat and drink

User Info Menu

Our favorite place to stay on the cliffs is Catch a Falling Star. The place is amazing and we have found nothing like it.

User Info Menu

We always stay on the cliffs but we only go for 3-4 days. If I were staying 7 days like you I would split it up. We stayed at Catcha Falling Star last year, it's really nice. We're trying out Rockhouse this year. You're going to love it wherever you stay