Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beach vs Cliffs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Beach vs Cliffs

Which is your favorite? Hotel on the beach or the cliffs? How is the experience different between the two? My boyfriend and I are going for a 7 day trip in April. We are first timers!! So excited

User Info Menu

Re: Beach vs Cliffs

Do it the right way .............. stay at both ............... 4 or 5 days beach .......... 2 or 3 days cliffs

User Info Menu

Ibazile...Welcome to Negril.com.
    If you can, Capt Oil's suggestion is a good one.
    The Negril beach is beautiful, interactive and you can relax or wander about for hours.
    The cliffs are peaceful, private and completely unique.
    Have an incredible first trip whatever you choose!

User Info Menu

What hotel would you guys recommended on the cliffs? I have Coco La Palm in mind for the beach hotel.

User Info Menu

The Spa in the cliffs is amazing..prices should be coming down from winter rates if you are down after mid April

User Info Menu

The hotels below are my favorite. Very chill! The Staff are so friendly at these hotels which makes the trip that much better!! The Spa is also nice too
    Catcha Falling Star - Cliffs
    IdleAwhile - Beach

User Info Menu

Just my opinion. But we’ve done both.
    Cliffs are stunningly beautiful but by day 3 we missed being on the beach.
    Ease of walking, access to food ,vendors etc. But most of all ease of access to the water. Get up and wade in at your leisure. No wading in, in the cliffs and you need to be comfortable in deeper water.
    Also walking the west end road is not the safest. Very narrow and traffic moves quick...and remember they drive on the left. When half in the bag it can be hard to remember.
    Again cliffs area is beautiful but for 7 day stay I’d stick with beach ...but by all means visit the cliffs, eat, swim ,sight see and form an opinion for the next visit.
    Good choice with coco la palm.
    We’ll be there in about a month.....

User Info Menu

I choose to stay in the cliffs for my entire 5 week stay but I go to the beach most everyday since I have a motorcycle...it's just two different kinda vibes for sure.....there's nothing like having a nice beach day but I always look forward to coming home to the chill out vibe of the cliffs & get ready for a fabulous sunset...soon come Jan. '19..26th year

User Info Menu

rooster: I am the opposite. Live on the beach and visit the cliffs. FYI sunset is gorgeous on the beach too.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Welcome Aboard
    You all ready have got some great advice on here ! For your first time do the split trip, you'll cover more ground. I love the beach but stay on the cliffs in the westend, there are good reasons for staying at both. Have fun planning !