Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Current exchange rate, please

User Info Menu

Current exchange rate, please

Having not been on the rock since March, 2018, and returning shortly, soon come, what is the current, on the island, US Dollar to Jamaican Dollar exchange rate for cash AND what does the cambio at Montego Bay Sangster airport exchange it for.

(PS: I know the rate at the airport is usually lower; but we are reaching on Heroes Day when most banking will be closed. So, I am trying to get some perspective.)

Thanks, WM and Mi Lady

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Current exchange rate, please

The current rate is 126 to 1 at the Gold Nugget Cambio in the Coral Seas Plaza.

Bank ATMs give what is known as the interbank rate, which is probably around 128 at the moment.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks, Rob!

User Info Menu

Hey Weathermon & Mi Lady,
    Good to hear from you all.
    Enjoy your time in Jamaica,
    I'll be there soon too.

User Info Menu

Check with your bank... I have an Ally Bank Online account and they only charge a 1% international transaction fee plus the atm charge and I was getting $132J for $1US when using my bank ATM card at a Scotia bank ATM in Sept when the international rate was $136J to $1US ( It only cost me $378US for $50,000J ). I just had to notify the bank ahead of time that I'd be taking my ATM card down to Jamaica to use.

Last edited by ukran1ans; 10-09-2018 at 03:28 PM.
    Go Bills!

User Info Menu

HI, Marko! We are heading for the south coast this reach.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Check with your bank... I have an Ally Bank Online account and they only charge a 1% international transaction fee plus the atm charge and I was getting $132J for $1US when using my bank ATM card at a Scotia bank ATM in Sept when the international rate was $136J to $1US ( It only cost me $378US for $50,000J ). I just had to notify the bank ahead of time that I'd be taking my ATM card down to Jamaica to use.

We are heading to Treasure Bach where banks and ATMs are scarce and the ones there are limited.