Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One love brigade.

User Info Menu

One love brigade.

Hi. I hope it's ok to post this. So here goes. I'm a little bit involved with a non-profit organization called One Love Brigade. A guy named Jon and some other guys from Minneapolis were sitting by us on a flight to Jamaica, and we over heard them talking about what they do. They have been organizing bringing bicycles down to Negril for a couple years, and donating them to children, and other folks in need of some simple transportation. Hey, just think....getting to school or work a little bit faster than walking?!?! These folks also donate time, materials and labor to help build additions onto schools, or whatever other "needs". Right now, they are filling a huge shipping container {you know those ones you see on the BIG ships} to be trucked to go from Minneapolis to Mobile, Alabama then onto a BIG ship to Kingston, then onto a semi-truck from Kingston to Negril. The trucking from Mpls. to Alabama fell through, and they are desparately trying to secure another trucking company to do this. It costs $7,000 to make this happen {the whole process}. If you go FB page ONE LOVE BRIGADE you will find out more information. Click on the pictures of last year's children's smiling faces. yamon' . They have a go fund me link. I donated. I will be helping unload the bicycles, wheel chairs, pet kennels etc. in Negril in early December. It's a bummer that the initial trucking fell through, but that's just temporary. But, hey the way time flies, early December is just around the corner. So , yeah thanks for reading this, and if you donate $20 or whatever you choose {go ahead, be generous, you can't take it with you}. It will make you feel good, knowing you donated to a very good and unique cause. One love. Respect. Todd & Deb

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: One love brigade.

Here is their website:

https://www.onelovebrigade.com
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

This sound great! I’ll test out your “feeling better” theory as soon as I get to my desk

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting this

User Info Menu

Hmm. I thought they were already members here. In any event, a great organization.

User Info Menu

Many of us involved with the One Love Brigade are members. I’ve been a regular here for 20 years. We are on pace to be there the first week of December. Our logistics from Mpls. to Mobile fell through. We are scrambling to find a replacement. We hope we don’t have to spend money that was targeted for projects on the ground.
    One Love!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Yes. The website is very good. Click on all the stuff! Thanks for the reminder Rob! Respect. Todd

User Info Menu

We'll be there Nov 30-Dec 7..Do you guys need help unloading?

User Info Menu

The container is on it's way to Mobile. Scheduled to depart 11/7 and arrive in Kingston 11/15.
    Hopefully our customs agent can get things cleared with a minimum of hassle. Hope to have the container in Negril by 12/2.
    We will keep you posted!
    One Love!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Walleye View Post
    The container is on it's way to Mobile. Scheduled to depart 11/7 and arrive in Kingston 11/15.
    Hopefully our customs agent can get things cleared with a minimum of hassle. Hope to have the container in Negril by 12/2.
    We will keep you posted!
    One Love!
    I'm booked full on 12/2 but happy to pitch in for a few hours on 12/3 or later if you need a hand.