Home | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 108

Thread: Where and When This Year???

  1. #51
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Where and When This Year???

    Quote Originally Posted by hey_mon View Post
    We are at Marblue from the 23-2 and then Sunset the 2nd to the 9th! A drink would be fun, love to hear where else you have stayed in Tbeach. Always nice to find new properties.
    It will mostly be old news to you by then - same as you

    Mar Blue 3x (couple in junior suite, solo in verandah suite, large group rented all verandah suites as villa).
    Soleil (and the other 2 Sparkling Villas were our group) 1x
    Sunset - 1x

    I have not had a bad experience in TB since the time we booked a villa and Ivan washed it away the week before we were going!

  2. #52
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Where and When This Year???

    Quote Originally Posted by ohliz View Post
    It will mostly be old news to you by then - same as you

    Mar Blue 3x (couple in junior suite, solo in verandah suite, large group rented all verandah suites as villa).
    Soleil (and the other 2 Sparkling Villas were our group) 1x
    Sunset - 1x

    I have not had a bad experience in TB since the time we booked a villa and Ivan washed it away the week before we were going!
    So far we have stayed at Katamah, hung out at the pool at the Treasure Beachhotelwith our friends that year, villa Optima, Sparkling Waters but had a problem with the pool so they moved us to Villa Elia, Lyric Villa, and now this year Marblue /sunset split. We like to do a different property each week and it makes it feel like two different vacations! Used to spend a week in Negril prior to making our way to Tbeach but find it too much these days. It has lost its charm, Gotten so busy. Won’t say never, maybe next year we will pop in on our way down for a couple of nights. It would be great to meet up for a drink, maybe find a bonfire on the beach on the Friday in between, think it’s March 1! You must be a long time Tbeach bum to have lost the villa to Ivan! That was in 2004, correct? What villa was that?
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

  3. #53
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Where and When This Year???

    Quote Originally Posted by hey_mon View Post
    So far we have stayed at Katamah, hung out at the pool at the Treasure Beachhotelwith our friends that year, villa Optima, Sparkling Waters but had a problem with the pool so they moved us to Villa Elia, Lyric Villa, and now this year Marblue /sunset split. We like to do a different property each week and it makes it feel like two different vacations! Used to spend a week in Negril prior to making our way to Tbeach but find it too much these days. It has lost its charm, Gotten so busy. Won’t say never, maybe next year we will pop in on our way down for a couple of nights. It would be great to meet up for a drink, maybe find a bonfire on the beach on the Friday in between, think it’s March 1! You must be a long time Tbeach bum to have lost the villa to Ivan! That was in 2004, correct? What villa was that?
    Sparkling Waters! I think there used to be 4 villas total. The current 3 were damaged and later repaired, but our trip was for a week after the storm, so there was still no power or anything in TB. We switched to a villa in Boscobel that year.

    Our first time in TB was 2003, at Mar Blue. Before they added the verandah suites. They just had 4-5 rooms then - and Axel's amazing restaurant.

    Unfortunately I won't be in TB March 1 - supposed to be in Negril. I get to Jamaica Feb 9th on the east coast, then Old Wharf Feb 17-22, then 3 days unbooked (but probably TB), then Old Wharf again Feb 25-28. That second group wants to stay in Negril for Feb 28-March 2 and it's their trip so I'll do it. But finding something nice and in-budget there has been a huge PITA. Still not confirmed.

    I've eyed Katamah for a long time, want to walk over and see it closer this year. Frenchmans is my favorite bay to stay on...though Calabash is awfully nice too...

    I go to Negril when I have a music festival thing to do there, and to hang out with the 3 Dives crew and eat. Beyond that, not really a fan. TB's been my favorite for awhile now

  4. #54
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Where and When This Year???

    We started out staying at Jakes (like I said back when it was just a few rooms - Dougie let us turn the lights out at the bar and pool every night). Then we stayed at Villa Arcadia a couple of times - I love the villa but it is a little too far from anything, then we stayed at Terrazas - beautiful place but a little too big for two (it sold and I do not believe it is rented out any more) then we found Villa du Soleil - I remember reading your blog Liz and that really helped us decide on that one. Sixth year there - we usually book for next year before we leave and we usually come down around Valentines day. We are now getting a foot of snow, going to be high of 0 by Wednesday - I am ready to get on that plane.

  5. #55
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Where and When This Year???

    Rumghoul you have stayed at quite a few properties in TB and its good getting your feedback and info. I first discovered Treasure Beach in 1980 and at that time it was very low key with very few places to stay. More recently I stay at Sunset and have really enjoyed it. I visited Negril back in 1975 and at that time it was a sleepy hidden village pretty unknown as a tourist destination. I have stayed all over Jamaica and find myself returning to Treasure Beach another hidden gem. Although we have been spared too much snow so far out east the temps have been Arctic here too. Enjoy yourself whenever you are lucky enough to get down!!

    Name:  Rough Waves.JPG
Views: 1240
Size:  180.7 KB

    Name:  Beach Shop.JPG
Views: 1086
Size:  188.3 KB

    Name:  Country Field.JPG
Views: 1045
Size:  247.3 KB

  6. #56
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Where and When This Year???

    Name:  South Coast.JPG
Views: 1114
Size:  1.19 MB

    Name:  Irie TB.JPG
Views: 1132
Size:  425.9 KB

    Name:  Fishing Boat (Medium).JPG
Views: 1206
Size:  184.8 KB

  7. #57
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Where and When This Year???

    Quote Originally Posted by ohliz View Post
    Sparkling Waters! I think there used to be 4 villas total. The current 3 were damaged and later repaired, but our trip was for a week after the storm, so there was still no power or anything in TB. We switched to a villa in Boscobel that year.

    Our first time in TB was 2003, at Mar Blue. Before they added the verandah suites. They just had 4-5 rooms then - and Axel's amazing restaurant.

    Unfortunately I won't be in TB March 1 - supposed to be in Negril. I get to Jamaica Feb 9th on the east coast, then Old Wharf Feb 17-22, then 3 days unbooked (but probably TB), then Old Wharf again Feb 25-28. That second group wants to stay in Negril for Feb 28-March 2 and it's their trip so I'll do it. But finding something nice and in-budget there has been a huge PITA. Still not confirmed.

    I've eyed Katamah for a long time, want to walk over and see it closer this year. Frenchmans is my favorite bay to stay on...though Calabash is awfully nice too...

    I go to Negril when I have a music festival thing to do there, and to hang out with the 3 Dives crew and eat. Beyond that, not really a fan. TB's been my favorite for awhile now
    This will be our first year not stopping in negril first. That was always our place as we got married there in’87. Prior to destination weddings it was a bit of work to pull off but we did manage with a group of 42 family and friends. It holds a special place in my heart but it has lost some of its charm. I do love that beach though have walked it from one end to the other night and day! Not sure what your budget is or needs for amenities, but there are still some good deals, depending on what you ar looking for. Our go to has been Rooms on the beach for a while now. Clean modern rooms, nice property, great piece of beach. Stayed at Kuyaba and love the property but not much for a beach, great restaurant tho. Xtabi in the cliffs, or catcha gardens, coral seas cliffs was nice a few years back. Older but clean, nice pool and snorkeling area. So much to choose from, depending again on what you need. For the real budget minded Barry’s Rooms are nice and clean, quite reasonable......used to be miss Gloria’s and now her grandson runs it. Stayed there in 82 I think. Closer to town next to BarBBarn restaurant and rooms. Sounds like you have a full plate, enjoy, your countdown is close!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

  8. #58
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Where and When This Year???

    Great pictures johng!

    Rumghoul that makes me glad Soleil is so cool.

    hey_mon - I think we found the Negril spot. Not my first - or even tenth - choice, but good enough. Lots of my go-to places were already full. I'll know for sure it's booked tomorrow so won't jinx it by saying where.

    Already thought we booked two that fell through. Had about 20 emails with the new owner of Whistling Bird and when I said "great let's book xyz" he ghosted. Very weird. Then I had another spot ready to go and while I was checking with the group, it got booked by someone else.

    I'd have preferred to stay in TB the whole time but one in the group has to be at MBJ to fly out at noon and understandably wanted to be closer than TB. And they all want granny sauce to take home. So hopefully this one works out.

    Isn't Bar B Barn closed, or closing?

    Just checked Rooms - sold out.
    Last edited by ohliz; 01-29-2019 at 07:49 PM.

  9. #59
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Where and When This Year???

    ohliz - hopefully you have your Negril portion booked! Then you can relax and count the days until you leave. At least there is a lot to choose from in Negril. We used to stay at Rondell Village, Xtabi and Samsara. First couple of times we went to Negril we stayed at Jamaica Tamboo - before it burned and rebuilt. It was next door to Risky Business (well, we were young so we loved the loud music into the early morning). Good Luck!

  10. #60
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Where and When This Year???

    I got it done. I've never checked so many hotels and had them be full. Hopefully that means Negril is hopping.

    Sorry to miss you in TB, rumghoul. I arrive JA before you leave but am out east for the first week or so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •