Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Securing belongings when out and about ?

User Info Menu

Securing belongings when out and about ?

Just wondering how you secure your belongings/money etc when you decide to do something spur of the moment ( e.g. jump in for a swim or para sail etc ...)

Also any practical tips on safely keeping your cash secure when out and about would be helpful

thanks !

User Info Menu

Re: Securing belongings when out and about ?

I actually use a water proof cell phone cover and I have cargo pockets (closed by velcro) in all my swim trunks so that I can carry my day's supply of funds on the beach.

At night, again, my shorts have cargo pockets to keep at least half my cash for the night secure, never carry a wallet and have all money/credit cards in front pockets...

Last edited by ukran1ans; 11-13-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    Go Bills!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    I actually use a water proof cell phone cover and I have cargo pockets (closed by velcro) in all my swim trunks so that I can carry my day's supply of funds on the beach.

At night, again, my shorts have cargo pockets to keep at least half my cash for the night secure, never carry a wallet with all money/credit cards in front pockets...

Great advice .. I assume you also carry cell phone in the water proof cover ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamman View Post
    Great advice .. I assume you also carry cell phone in the water proof cover ...
    LOL.. no.. the cell phone stays in the safe (along with my wallet)... I'm in Jamaica
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 11-13-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    Go Bills!

User Info Menu

I make sure I have a Velcro or zip up pocket, but have never used a water proof case. I haven't found anyone yet that has turned down my wet money.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I do the same - keep some cash in a waterproof pack. I have a pacsafe that I keep everything locked up in our room - passport, tablet, phone, cash, credit cards.

User Info Menu

thanks for the tips everyone ..

User Info Menu

I do the same with cash, but as for other semi valuables, ie Bluetooth speaker etc, I always treat the security where I’m staying well, and they always do a phenomenal job. In 30years of travel to JA, I’ve never had anything stolen Then again I’m from NYC, and I’m always on my game about keeping my things safe.

User Info Menu

Going for a dip etc. Leave it on your beach chair!
    99.9% of the time it’ll still be there.
    Worry less, enjoy more!

User Info Menu

I don't worry about security

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave