Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Securing belongings when out and about ?

User Info Menu

Re: Securing belongings when out and about ?

If you're doing a walkabout & visiting different bars etc...almost all locations are happy to store your bags/purses etc behind the bar for you.
    You never know when you'll feel the need to jump in the sea!!

User Info Menu

I use a waterproof cigarette case (I don't smoke) on a lanyard for my cash and room key. My camera is waterproof.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Typically dont take ANYTHING with me except some cash when I leave the hotel property. My wallet stays at home in the USA. At the hotel properties I have left my phone and page-turner on a beach chair for hours unattended without any problems.

User Info Menu

I use a Lok-Tote back pack. They're great. When my daughter's arrived, we attacked it with the sharpest knife in the house, and we didn't make a dent in the bag or the ropes/straps. The locks are great. Learn more ... https://loctote.com/collections/all?...SAAEgIrdPD_BwE. They are not theft-proof - but they're a major, mega deterrent! No macheté going to cut those straps! And no macheté will break or pierce the fabric. The inner pocket is RFI protected, too. That, and a waterproof cell protector (Mpow has one that floats, and you can use your phone while it's in the case!) ... you're good to go! Lock it to a fence or other immovable, and it's safe - It's all gonna be there when you come out of the water. Or the bar. Or wherever.