Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Grand Pineapple sale?

User Info Menu

Grand Pineapple sale?

Rob, Lisa, anyone, did Sandals sell The Grand Pineapple to Secrets? Just hearing rumors. Thanks.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Re: Grand Pineapple sale?

They sold the other Grand Pineapple location a few years back, and rumor was that Negril was next, but due to an outpouring of support, decided to hang on to it. Based on reviews I've read and my own personal (3rd) experience, I'd say it's time to cut it loose and let someone make some investments in upgrades. I love the property and would love to see it given a 21st century make over, while somehow keeping the Caribbean charm.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

I don't think Sandals cares much about the property anymore from what I hear & I always thought the cottages were so cute plus it's on a really nice piece of beach & it's cheap-enough you can still eat out other places but I would like to see it better taken care of. In spite of that we will be there in 2 weeks & I'm still excited!! Depending how we find things it may be our last time there. So many great places in Negril.

User Info Menu

Just got a facebook message back from the ops manager and they said they had no idea...Not sure what that means..kinda thinking about changing our booking we have in June..but will see what happens with the new year first.
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

I saw Secrets erroneously listed in a negative review or discussion about the Grand Pineapple on TA. I can no longer find the posting.
    Last edited by jamaicajeanne; 11-19-2018 at 05:57 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    They sold the other Grand Pineapple location a few years back, and rumor was that Negril was next, but due to an outpouring of support, decided to hang on to it. Based on reviews I've read and my own personal (3rd) experience, I'd say it's time to cut it loose and let someone make some investments in upgrades. I love the property and would love to see it given a 21st century make over, while somehow keeping the Caribbean charm.
    Could not agree more. Maybe another company could figure out how to run it without constantly running out of everything. We love the resort and the spot on the beach. But to consistently run out of food and liquor is annoying.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

I also saw the TA review mentioning Secrets...I think that person was uninformed.....but now that I think more about it...Sandals SHOULD sell it, if they are going to keep slipping on their amenities...even most places that don't feed your liver or stomach will provide in room coffee for the coffee makers...now I heard they took down all the disc drink descriptions from the bar perimeter...I say GOOD!..they never had most of the components to make MOST of them....did I mention that I slipped on stairs and suffered 2 transverse process (back) fractures?....Management could care less, but repaired the staircase railing panels in less than 20 min.

User Info Menu

Our previous stays were always enjoyable, but we have not been there recently. Such a shame to hear about some of the issues!
    lisapat, I hope you healed without further issues.

User Info Menu

This all makes me with I would have cancelled & reserved somewhere else since we'll be there soon. Oh well, we'll be in Negril so we won't be too miserable

User Info Menu

If they had a Hotel only option, that would really up their game in my opinion... I don't have use for the all inclusive food and drinks, but love the location. And in this day and age, paying for wifi is really out-of-date... no matter what people say about disconnecting. I love to listen to music apps in my room, and always need to check in for my flights before departure, so it's just a nuisance and added cost for "all inclusive". Maybe the should switch over and have a cash/room credit style restaurant and bar and drop the crappy buffet and lacking bar. I've found better places to spend my money and won't be returning to Grand Pineapple, sadly (it was my first hotel in Negril and I loved my first stay, second was pretty good, third, well, you know).
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion