Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bar B Barn

User Info Menu

Bar B Barn

good morning folks

can anyone confirm if bar b barn is open?

User Info Menu

Re: Bar B Barn

Closed. Had been posted as reopening November 15th but didn’t happen. As of two days ago employees had no information and as you can imagine were upset over no job. To make things worse NO ANGELAS PIZZA.

User Info Menu

I walked through the Bar-B-Barn property from beach to road in early October. Sadly, it was looking rough, and the reviews on trip advisor confirm a deterioration of conditions in the guest rooms when it was open. Back in the day Bar-B-Barn was a thriving place, quite pleasant with bright paint and beautiful garden path.
    I hope the small hotels of Negril can survive in this day of mega-resorts in Negril. Many "oldtimers" remember the small hotels being built, and now, sadly see the decline of some, if not many of them. If the small hotels can't survive, then the Negril I know and love will be lost.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    I walked through the Bar-B-Barn property from beach to road in early October. Sadly, it was looking rough, and the reviews on trip advisor confirm a deterioration of conditions in the guest rooms when it was open. Back in the day Bar-B-Barn was a thriving place, quite pleasant with bright paint and beautiful garden path.
    I hope the small hotels of Negril can survive in this day of mega-resorts in Negril. Many "oldtimers" remember the small hotels being built, and now, sadly see the decline of some, if not many of them. If the small hotels can't survive, then the Negril I know and love will be lost.
    I agree with you there. I love staying at the Golden Sunset. It is an small, older hotel but really feels like home when I am there. Ray Arthurs owns it and his brother owns Alfred's across the road. The location is fantastic - close to towm and the "action" on the beach.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Aww Man, darn it!
    Bar B Barn was the first place I stayed in Negril.
    Big Norm was cooking and running things.

It was my base camp on the beach for last 18 years.

I will be there tomorrow.

User Info Menu

I heard you could buy it for a cool 1.3 million...
    Go Bills!

User Info Menu

Red face Re: Bar B Barn

Quote Originally Posted by Markospoon View Post
    Aww Man, darn it!
    Bar B Barn was the first place I stayed in Negril.
    Big Norm was cooking and running things.

It was my base camp on the beach for last 18 years.

I will be there tomorrow.
    markospoon, can you please report back? in case they the situation changed

User Info Menu

Yes, please report back Markospoon. I love going to Bar-B-Barn. Have a great trip.

User Info Menu

No sign of life besides squatters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    No sign of life besides squatters
    I read on another Negril forum that it was for sale and that the sale fell through. So sad.