Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Anyone use TimAir recently?

User Info Menu

Anyone use TimAir recently?

Thinking of treating ourselves for our trip to Negril this December, big birthday for myself so would be my gift.

Couple of concerns and am hoping some of you can help us out.

Coming in via Toronto and we have been delayed via them before. TimAir might then be busier by the time we arrive and then might take awhile to leave and lose our time savings. How long have people found it takes to get to Negril once you clear customs and meet the TimAir rep? Yes, it’s very expensive and have read on TA that some people have negotiated a better deal, how does one do that over email?

Any other insight to flying would be awesome!

Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone use TimAir recently?

Well stonyplainclint..I do this flight every year to Negril & it all depends on if their plane is there at MoBay or somewhere else...that goes for the other inner Island company Air Link Express..sometimes it might be there but your waiting for other passengers to clear customs & get luggage booked on your same flight. I've used both (25 years now) & more times than not your going to wait a bit it's just the nature of the beast...but I've got a time or two when the plane was there & ready to go. As far as negotiating a price other that what the posted price's are is possible but tough via email...better off to call them but again since they don't know how many passengers there will be when it's flight time a price commitment other than what you've been quoted is general not given...it's a wait & see situation...the more passengers aboard the better & cash is king..up charge for Credit Cards..plus prices have increased from last year....I'm already booked for my late January arrival with Air Link Express...