Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Marley book

User Info Menu

Bob Marley book

Hello...I would like to recommend a good book. It's called "So much things to say" The oral history of Bob Marley by Roger Steffens. It's a newer book from 2017. It's all about stories and quotes from many of the people associated with the reggae king from the start . Rolling Stone had recommended it, and I am too.

User Info Menu

Re: Bob Marley book

I loaded this onto my kindle for reading on the plane!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the heads up!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

I met Roger in Montreal many years ago after his Marley / Reggae presentation. Super knowledgeable guy of all things Marley and Reggae in general. He has a HUGE archive of books, films etc. Super nice guy. I'll be getting the book for my trip next week.

User Info Menu

I love reading books about Jamaica while in Negril. Two weeks ago when we were there I read Banana Shout and The Other Side of Paradise. I highly recommend both. I wish I would have known about the Bob Marley book before we went. I am currently reading another.book about Jamaica titled The True History of Paradise. Just started it but I think it will be good as well.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

And....then there's always this one {which I've read about 5 times} "Walk Good, travels to Negril Jamaica" by Roland Reimer.

User Info Menu

"The True History of Paradise" is one of my favorite Jamaica reads The author,
    Margaret Cezair-Thompson, has another book, "The Pirate's Daughter". It is a great read and even better on audio book. The patois on the audio book, makes it impossible to quit listening, when you are waiting for your next visit to the island......

User Info Menu

One of my favorites is a book about the relationship between Bob Marley and his manager Don Taylor called "Marley and Me: The Real Bob Marley Story" . I met both Marley and Don Taylor at a concert in Santa Barbara California at the County Bowl in 1978 and witnessed first hand a few of the issues they had with each other.

A good friend gave the book as a present and I have read it cover to cover many times. They had a very complicated relationship and nearly died together during the assassination attempt on Hope Road.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    They had a very complicated relationship and nearly died together during the assassination attempt on Hope Road.
    It's very eerie seeing those bullet holes in Bob's house/museum on Hope Road...amazingly they all survived.

User Info Menu

If you want to go "Old School", try Ian Flemming Introduces Jamaica or Exploring Jamaica A Guide for Motorists by Philip Wright and Paul F. White. You'll have to find them online, but a joy to read and inspiring ideas for places to visit.
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.