Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need for long pants/ jeans?

User Info Menu

Re: Need for long pants/ jeans?

Coming from Ottawa, Canada, I wear jeans and running shoes for the flight. I have worn them a few times in Negril - usually at night if it gets cooler. Most of the time I am in a bathing suit or shorts. Oh, I have a few sun dresses too. I wear flip flops ALL of the time.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Zip offs !
    Go from travel dressed to pool . . .

I would trade the jeans for extra shirts . .

User Info Menu

It doesn't happen often, but it can get down into the 60's F and with the wind it can feel cold in Jamaica. I've heard it called "3 sweater weather."
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

I have worn pants and a sweatshirt in Negril in April, on separate occasions. I sometimes wear jeans on the plane but don't ever put them back on, not even for the return flight. I now try to wear something on the plane that I might actually wear again - next trip it will be a pair of fitted jogger capri sweat pant. At the very least, I'll wear them on the flight home, but I can see myself wearing them during the week in the evenings relaxing on the front porch.

Agree with others that some kind of pant is appropriate for church, certain outdoor activities, and nice restaurants/special occasions. I don't think jeans fit the bill for any of those activities, but that's just me.

I say live and learn could be a good attitude here. If your SO is anything like me, once I have something in mind, I need to see it through or I feel uncomfortable. So packing or wearing jeans once might be enough to convince SO to never do it again. Locals wear long pants all the time... so I don't think it's that crazy. Maybe in July!

In any case, have a great trip. It would be fun to bring someone to JA for the first time. I'd love to experience that!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

only worn slacks once to a funeral in Jamaica......otherwise shorts/swim trunks for past 35+ years
    that's including the last 6 years where mi spend most of mi time in Jamaica

though it's quite common for Jamaican guys to wear jeans/pants....especially going out to a club or bar

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Any time I go out in the evening I am in long pans, nice shirt, socks and shoes

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Capt that sounds a little GQ. Lol
    I always wear or take pair jeans depending on the departure temperature. You have them if you need them but in last 30 years have never put them on in Jamaica. Even if it’s a cool night and Jamaicans are in heavy coats...I’m in Jamaica and I’m not wearing long pants!! Only the finest restaurants in the All- inclusives require slacks and sometimes jackets. Yuck!!