Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: traverlers checks

User Info Menu

traverlers checks

Its been 5 years since our last visit. We used to take our biggest chunk of our money in travelers checks but have heard they are not as easy to use in Negril anymore. I remember somebody a ways back on here saying something about it being more difficult to use them there now. I can't understand why that would be but if its true what do most ppl do now since we don't like to travel with alot of cash on hand. ty

User Info Menu

Re: traverlers checks

I too used to bring travelers checks. But neither my bank or AAA sells them anymore. Bank ATMs are now my preferred method. And you get the best exchange rate.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

Administrator

User Info Menu

The travel card seems to be the modern version of the old travel checks.

Here is some propaganda from MC...

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/cons...avel-card.html
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

ty Rob sounds like a good alternative although it may not be good for taxi's but probably for most everything else. We need to decide on our driver yet. We have reached out to a few of the good drivers on this board but still wondering about Niah. Lost his phone # . Him and I go back a long ways and he always showed up on time for transfers to and from the airport. Been 5 years so not even sure if hes still around.We almost feel like newbies its been so long. We still remember our very first trip back in
    1987 and all the trips afterwards.
    Last edited by Shaggy; 11-30-2018 at 04:06 PM. Reason: bad spelling

Administrator

User Info Menu

Here is Niah's number

876-844-4148

The card issue is handled by stopping at any ATM while you are with the driver, then pay them cash.

No one really accepts travelers checks anymore....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

thanks Rob

User Info Menu

AAA has a good card as well. It's what we use instead of Travellers checks.

[/url]

User Info Menu

We stopped taking Traveller's Checks a few back. I always cashed mine at that place in Bourbon Beach's parking lot (FX Trader?) but they stopped accepting them back then so I stopped getting them at my credit union.