Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: First time New Years Eve.......

User Info Menu

First time New Years Eve.......

We have been to Negril 10x but never on New Years Eve. Where is a good place to start, hop around, then finish ie: the beach, or is it best to attend one event. Just asking and want to know if anything new might be cooking. Merry Christmas

User Info Menu

Re: First time New Years Eve.......

My one and only New Years in Negril was the last one. We went to LTU and had a great time. They provided the floating (in the air) lanterns. We released them at midnight as did the Caves and Rockhouse. The resorts all require reservations. I would like to enjoy a New Years Eve on the beach sometime. I understand Alfreds has fireworks and I know Travellers has a NYE party every year.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info, very useful.

User Info Menu

I have been twice, the party is at Alfred's. where they have fireworks and music..always a good time !

User Info Menu

I love NYE in Negril. I always take my own lanterns. The best location to be on NYE is anywhere on the beach. Lots of people are out and the skies are lit up with lanterns being launched from up and down the coast. Then there is a fireworks show. Music is playing everywhere so you really don't have to go any specific place. Keep in mind that traffic along the beach road is terrible. You will be stuck for quite awhile.

User Info Menu

Our first visit was 1984 omg am I getting old lol np mon, enjoy nye in Negril NYE 2019 !

User Info Menu

cant wait thanks all for the info, wife just has to decide what to wear.

User Info Menu

So many choices...
    Alfreds has been a main party for years...well deserved as he brings the fireworks!!
    There'll be more local parties set up at Cayenne Beach & Wavz Park...
    huge party in downtown Negril starting around the bend at the Corner (SeaView) Bar.
    Most hotels with bars & restaurants have their own parties...at many you can book in advance if you're not staying at that particular hotel....popular choices include the Caves and Rockhouse.
    Bar hopping on the beach is a blast or up the West End road...ending up at your favourite place at midnight...you can see the fireworks & lanterns along the beach perfectly from Canoe Bar & Grill.
    Whatever you choose...the energy is high, the vibe is wonderful and the beach road gets crazy busy just after 7pm....lol!

User Info Menu

New I could count on you to get a great answer to my question, thanks so much. Maybe we will run into you and your husband this reach. Cheers