Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: I made it!

User Info Menu

I made it!

I arrived on Wednesday afternoon after getting up at 3:00am for my taxi. Since I was in business class I thought it wouldn't be long before I was outside with my driver - didn't happen! Immigration was a nightmare. The woman kept asking questions over and over as if I might change my answers. Yes, she has that right but she went over the top and I was there almost 3/4 of ah hour. My Club MoBay rep was embarrassed and told her friends about it. I finally got to my driver and by then we were in a traffic jam in MoBay. After that it started raining and then Lucy was a parking lot (as usual) at the breakwater.. I arrived at Golden sunset just after 6:00 pm. BUT I was here!! I slept like the dead and got up late.
    Yesterday was raining so I visited some friends an stopped for soup at Sweet Spot.

This little tree frog escaped the rain by clinging to my wall.
    Name:  20181213183402.JPG
Views: 657
Size:  796.4 KB

There is lots of beach and life is good.
    Name:  20181214102502.JPG
Views: 725
Size:  831.6 KB

Name:  20181214102410.JPG
Views: 684
Size:  860.3 KB

Name:  20181214102436.JPG
Views: 670
Size:  1.27 MB

Name:  20181214102452.JPG
Views: 656
Size:  638.7 KB
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Re: I made it!

Glad that you made it Sue! 8 days to go & we’ll be there! We were just discussing the traffic in Lucy...not looking forward to it, but hey, we’ll be in Jamaica! Hope to see you at Alfred’s !

User Info Menu

Nice pics!
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Thanks Tod.
    NRV the only way through Lucy is to sit back and relax. Eventually you are on the road again and all is good. It has been cool and I didn't spend much time on the beach but things change and it could be better tomorrow - no problem(beats snow!).
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

WE had a miserable time getting out of MoBay with traffic nearly the entire way to Negril this trip. Never happened before. But you are there & we are home now-big bummer. You are blessed since you saw a tree frog. I have been trying for 8 trips to see 1 of these with no luck. I've been out at all times even in the middle of the night with a flashlight once but never have seen the elusive creature. Good for you!

User Info Menu

Great pix! We arrive on Monday, save some of that goodness for us!

User Info Menu

looking forward to your photos and commentary!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Glad you had fun ! Now have some more