Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you packed yet? (A mixture of photos)

User Info Menu

Re: Have you packed yet? (A mixture of photos)

We're in the same boat. We say we're going to knock off early, but all of a sudden it's 3am and we're just sitting on our little patio listening to the tree frogs, drinking beer and soaking in all the beautiful aromas drifting by with faint music on the breeze. It's like telling a bear just out of hibernation to get to bed early, can't do it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Yep, the night before I barely sleep, day usually starts around 3am to get ready before catching a cab to the airport, yet the first day always seems to be the day I stay up longest (catching a 2nd and 3rd wind staying up til at least 1am). I can never make sense of it.. lol
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    I always fear not waking up with my alarm, so I don't sleep well. A couple of years ago, that fear became a reality. Needless to say, that paired with sheer energy flowing through my body, I now set a million alarms and still sleep restlessly. It makes for a long first day, especially because I land by 11 am and the drinks start flowing early. I have not mastered the siesta yet, for fear of missing out! Hoping for more early mornings this year.
    Yeah, I can't sleep on airplanes either, so I'm up the whole time (plus I'm full of anxiety til I'm sitting comfortably inside my connecting flight as it's lifting off.. then I can finally relax (part of that is knowing I have a car waiting for me at the airport to take me away as soon as I clear customs)). I don't even know when I'd try and sleep after I land because I'm all about getting supplies for the room while I have the driver, getting jamaican cash, unpacking and setting up my room for the week (yep, I'm OCD about that.. lol). One thing that does help me keep going that first night, I think, is that I won't touch a drop of alcohol till my driver hands me that first Stripe in the Sangster parking lot as I'm getting into my ride!

Last edited by ukran1ans; 01-08-2019 at 01:42 PM.

User Info Menu

Ah yes Irine. you have brought up a very nice memory of the tree frogs singing. can not wait. very soon come.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I can't sleep on airplanes either, so I'm up the whole time (plus I'm full of anxiety til I'm sitting comfortably inside my connecting flight as it's lifting off.. then I can finally relax (part of that is knowing I have a car waiting for me at the airport to take me away as soon as I clear customs)). I don't even know when I'd try and sleep after I land because I'm all about getting supplies for the room while I have the driver, getting jamaican cash, unpacking and setting up my room for the week (yep, I'm OCD about that.. lol). One thing that does help me keep going that first night, I think, is that I won't touch a drop of alcohol till my driver hands me that first Stripe in the Sangster parking lot as I'm getting into my ride!

I'm getting better about resting on airplanes, but never fall sleep. I connect in BWI this trip and it's usually seamless. Just enough time to get something to eat for the plane and use the bathroom. I should be in MBJ at 11am local. Still working on transfer, probably a JUTA $25 ride.

I like to set up my room too. If I don't, things are just a mess the whole week and repacking is a nightmare. This trip is all about slowing down and enjoying each moment- not the whirlwind that the last few trips seem to have been.

I like my two-bed room at rondel and I like how the bathrooms are set up- an outer room with sink and shelving then the inner room with toilet and shower. There isn't much space on the sinks but the shelving is more than adequate for the items I bring. I also love how those two rooms have their own doors and each has a window that opens. I love Rondel and I can't wait to return!!!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    I'm getting better about resting on airplanes, but never fall sleep. I connect in BWI this trip and it's usually seamless. Just enough time to get something to eat for the plane and use the bathroom. I should be in MBJ at 11am local. Still working on transfer, probably a JUTA $25 ride.

I like to set up my room too. If I don't, things are just a mess the whole week and repacking is a nightmare. This trip is all about slowing down and enjoying each moment- not the whirlwind that the last few trips seem to have been.

I like my two-bed room at rondel and I like how the bathrooms are set up- an outer room with sink and shelving then the inner room with toilet and shower. There isn't much space on the sinks but the shelving is more than adequate for the items I bring. I also love how those two rooms have their own doors and each has a window that opens. I love Rondel and I can't wait to return!!!
    Yeah, the hotels here mostly seem to have small or pedestal sinks so I bring this toiletry bag that hangs from the bathroom door to have easy access to my stuff...

User Info Menu

My room setup starts at about 3:30/4pm til I hit the wall of the long day & resume in the morning...I'm fortunately able to store 3 large plastic bins with all my room stuff (there's a lot) in the office at the resort since my stay is 5-6 weeks long...always the same room so I know the exact setup....all I have to do is bring my personal items. Wish I had a video of the unpacking room bins & setup process...buzzing around like a man on a mission...of course it would have to be seen in fast motion.

User Info Menu

What JUTA $25 ride? I use a transfer service for $140 (to Negril and back for 2 people) . Price hasn't changed in years, so I thought I was getting a pretty good deal... but $25??? do tell, I think I missed something.
    Country Country 2001, Sunset at the Palms 2003, Point Village 2004, Couples Negril 2006, Point Village 2007, Country Country 2008, Rooms Negril 2009, Rooms Negril 2010, Treehouse Feb 2011, Breezes Oct 2011, Rooms Negril Feb 2012, Rooms Negril Feb 2013, Grand Lido July 2013, Rooms Feb 2014, Riu Palace Tropical Bay May 2014, Rooms Negril Feb 2015/Treehouse Feb 2015 , Rooms Feb 2016. ....Rooms Feb 2018, Beachcomber May 2018, Beachcomber Dec 2018.... Rooms Feb 2019...Beachcomber Nov 2019.

User Info Menu

Jody...Juta is a shared ride & each passenger is $25us. You don't have control of the stops or the number of stops. It's a good service though, if travelling solo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Jody...Juta is a shared ride & each passenger is $25us. You don't have control of the stops or the number of stops. It's a good service though, if travelling solo.
    Exactly... I can't justify a private driver for just myself. I've never made more than two other stops on the way to or from Negril. I usually sit in the front and converse with the driver and sometimes the other passengers. A day or two before I leave, I just call the JUTA office and make arrangements for my return to the airport. I pay USD cash directly to the driver. I always confirm the $25 with the driver before I get in.

User Info Menu

Yeah, the hotels here mostly seem to have small or pedestal sinks so I bring this toiletry bag that hangs from the bathroom door to have easy access to my stuff...
    agreed! I'm going carry-on only in my convertible backpack, so I've got most of the important stuff in there (clothes I won't wear because it's winter), just have to see what else I can stuff in. I have two small cubes for my toiletries, I find they pack better. Was considering one of those over the door shoe organizer things that makes toiletries organizing a dream... but not sure it'll fit and it's definitely a luxury item. Wonder if I could find one in town?