Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Excited For Portland Parish!

User Info Menu

Re: Getting Excited For Portland Parish!

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    mwenvlay boy you have a lot to do on your vacation to Kingston and Portland via Hardware Gap Road. How long will you be staying? You won't want to come home!! I like Goblin Hill in PA, a nice spot up on the hill overlooking the sea! Beautiful spot!!

Attachment 52460

Attachment 52461

Attachment 52462

Attachment 52463
    is the last photo goblin hill? that's a gorgeous shot!

i've been to the port antonio area several times since 1995, but for some reason cannot remember details of any of the trips very clearly. last time i was there was 13 years ago, 2 months after my mom died, so i was a total wreck. i went there with a friend of mine. we did blue mountains and port antonio, just like this trip, but my main purpose for that visit was (tmi time) pretty much to sit in the hills, look out at the water and cry.

the one thing i love about jamaica is it's seen me through so many phases of my adult life, from an unfocused, single brooklyn chick doing dumb sht, all the way through to my honeymoon followed by vacations with my husband and son. it's gonna be fun doing the mountains and porty with an almost teenager.

this trip is going to be the one during which i'll actually go to a lot of different places and actually remember them. we're at strawberry hill for 3 days, at great huts for 5 days and terra nova hotel for 2 days, then we fly home on the afternoon of the 11th day.

i'm using this thread as a "mood board" for things we're interested in. there really is so much to do between newcastle and boston bay. we will never be able to do half of what's listed.

i haven't even bothered putting frenchman's and blue lagoon/hole up because i'm pretty sure we won't make it to either (i've been to both when they were free and i don't know if either is worth paying entry to).

User Info Menu

my husband's gonna bug out- it looks so much like haiti!

i guarantee he forgets he's in jamaica and speaks kreyol to at least 1 person.

this video shows woody's at 6:18.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 01-21-2019 at 10:07 PM.

User Info Menu

cool video juxtaposing archival photos against what the folly house looks like today.

User Info Menu

jamaican sweets are the same as haitian sweets ("dous" in creole). i am very excited to get some.

User Info Menu

rum drinks. my fave.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

portland parish fun facts:

i've always wanted to spend a little time in st. thomas parish. i always wind up just driving through it.

User Info Menu

i'd like to stop at cane river falls on our way back to kingston.