Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: foot fungus??

User Info Menu

foot fungus??

back home since Sunday and just noticed some type of rash/fungus on one of my feet . i remember reading something about this type of thing on the website and maybe how it was treated. can someone refer me to that link or possibly message me if it has happened to you?
    thank you Ed

User Info Menu

Re: foot fungus??

Search for hookworm alert. It mentions the cure.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    back home since Sunday and just noticed some type of rash/fungus on one of my feet . i remember reading something about this type of thing on the website and maybe how it was treated. can someone refer me to that link or possibly message me if it has happened to you?thank you Ed
    Here's a link to the page...

https://negril.com/forum/showthread....Hookworm+alert
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

thanks

User Info Menu

Been wearing beach shoes since that hookworm report out of Toronto late last year...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

User Info Menu

we haven't had any problems with bare feet in the sand or on the concrete walkways. we try to avoid any place with soil.

User Info Menu

you can tell the hookworm because after about a week you can start to see the trail it leaves behind as it moves about. terrible itch, but it will eventually die and you can go back to your life.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

went to have it checked out today. fortunately not hookworm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    went to have it checked out today. fortunately not hookworm
    I hope all is well with your foot. If not hookworm can you share what they think it is? I thought hookworm was the only possible concern.

User Info Menu

they said it was ringworm type fungus. might have not been anything related to my Negril trip . have some athletes foot type creme to use . does not itch like i read about hookworm