Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Another Earthquake

User Info Menu

Another Earthquake

In Jamaica, this morning

Anyone feel it?

OGNR can now confirm that the earthquake was islandwide, with increased intensity reported in Western Parishes. There have also been unconfirmed reports of a second minor tremor felt in parts of St Elizabeth and Manchester. There have been no reports of damage thus far

User Info Menu

False alarm .... just my ex-wife making another trip to the buffet .... ha ha

User Info Menu

I told Rob not to shake the couch this morning....had no clue until we heard the news! Weeehaaaa....my first earthquake tremor that I've ever felt!
    Rob said he felt one many, many years ago...while on the beach road.

User Info Menu

Is it May 25th yet??? Have no fear...The end won't come until I hit the Powerball Lottery...Doomsday to follow...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    I told Rob not to shake the couch this morning.....
    LOL...too funny

I was thinking that you guys might have felt it in Negril since they mentioned Western parishes!

User Info Menu

I didn't feel it, I'm just outside of Negril towards Montego Bay.

User Info Menu

I did not felt it but had friends in Montegobay who called to inform me of the earthquake after their couch and house was shaking.

User Info Menu

Jamaica is shaking things up

I hope the island has gotten the rumblings out of her system! 2 quakes so close together is something! I am glad that some people didn't feel it and that no significant damage was done. After growing up in California I was really glad to leave scary tremors behind.