Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest way to book multi hotels ?

User Info Menu

Cheapest way to book multi hotels ?

Looking to come back next March 2020 and want to book 2 hotels to split up between the beach and cliffs

What is the cheapest way to do that including the flight ?

Sites like expedia let you book partial stay and I guess I could add another hotel separately on my own but wondering if that is the best way to go

User Info Menu

Re: Cheapest way to book multi hotels ?

I have done both, booked rooms separately from flights, and did the partial stay thing on Expedia and book the other hotel right from their website. Don't recall much difference in price. Once I booked the entire trip at Legends on the beach, then called them (Legends) to see if I could split half the time at their sister property on the cliffs (Samsara). They had no problem with that.

User Info Menu

We have booked Rockhouse and a beach resort for April 2020. Rockhouse does not book through online booking sites so we booked with them direct. Then we used Trivago.com to search for best deal on the beach. Trivago searches ALL the online sites and creates a list of rates for the various sites. Most of the major booking sites are owned by the same company so most of the time the rates are pretty much equal. Expedia's holdings include CheapTickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire Group, Orbitz, Trivago and Travelocity, while Priceline Group owns Booking.com and Kayak so there is minimal discounts between sites. However you can find discounts to the prices listed using Honey, Wiki, or Ratuten. We ended up booking thru Travelocity because we scored a 5% cash rebate with Ratuten (payable AFTER the trip is completed) AND found a 10% discount coupon off the hotel room rate using Honey.

Airfare is booked separately as Southwest will not release rates and schedules for April until Sept-Oct time frame

User Info Menu

Has anyone had issues with booking thru a website (meaning not direct with hotel/resort)? I always book directly thru the hotel/resort because for a few dollars difference I'd rather not have the hassle. Unless I am really missing out on some significant savings?

User Info Menu

I think it depends on your relationship with certain hotels. If I'm staying at White Sands, it's always best to call them for a deal since they know me. Other hotels, I try a combination of things to see what's the best price. Usually I'll start by booking thru expedia and getting a base price for hotel and flight. Then I'll go to trivago for the best hotel price and see if I can find flights separately thru various sites like priceline, expedia... etc. Sometimes grouping everything on expedia works, other times getting things separately works... it's usually a crap shoot. This year, in Feb, I used Trivago to book the Seastar separately and then called White Sands to book the rest of the trip.

Last edited by ukran1ans; 07-23-2019 at 08:23 AM.

User Info Menu

When you say you group on Expedia do you mean more than one hotel with the flight ? I only see a book hotel for part of the stay and not able to add more than one hotel to the trip with the flight ... Thanks for the info !

User Info Menu

I just checked out Xtabi on Trivago for October and was amazed how cheap it was for a week. I have never stayed at Xtabi but Trivago is giving me $49 a night for a standard room. That seems dirt cheap.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamman View Post
    When you say you group on Expedia do you mean more than one hotel with the flight ? I only see a book hotel for part of the stay and not able to add more than one hotel to the trip with the flight ... Thanks for the info !
    Sorry, I didn't mean multiple hotels on expedia...

User Info Menu

I would call expedia and go that route for the multiple hotels. They can figure that out for you

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Try Airbnb. Staying in peoples home is nicer anyway and you can get some great deals.