Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experience with March Spring Breakers ?

User Info Menu

Experience with March Spring Breakers ?

We are coming to Negril again in March 17th - 27t next year

Just curious if there are a noticeable amount of Spring Breakers that come to Ja and your experience on what we can expect ..

Can't wait .. coming with our son and his new bride who are first timers !!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Experience with March Spring Breakers ?

There hasn't been any real noticable "spring break" for 15 years.

Of course you will see small groups of college age visitors as it is their break time. But the days of crowds of students is long over...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    There hasn't been any real noticable "spring break" for 15 years.

Of course you will see small groups of college age visitors as it is their break time. But the days of crowds of students is long over...
    Thanks Rob for the info ... Given it is the high season I would expect a good amount of people on the beach compared to Sept and November ?

Administrator

User Info Menu

While being high season, March is the least busy time because so many people and travel sources still talk about a "spring break" as if it exists.

It is a great time to visit! You will love it! And yes, lots more folks here than September!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    While being high season, March is the least busy time because so many people and travel sources still talk about a "spring break" as if it exists.

It is a great time to visit! You will love it! And yes, lots more folks here than September!
    Wow .. good to know .. looking forward to it !! My son and bride to be are so excited about coming !
    Hitting Ocho Rios for 3 days then to Negril for 7 !!

User Info Menu

But the days of crowds of students is long over...
    I find this interesting. It's not the first time I have heard this. What do you think is the reason spring break isn't the same as it used to be? I never went on a spring break trip myself so it's something I never experienced.
    Is spring break just not the cool thing to do, or do they go elsewhere now?

Thanks,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markis View Post
    But the days of crowds of students is long over...
    I find this interesting. It's not the first time I have heard this. What do you think is the reason spring break isn't the same as it used to be? I never went on a spring break trip myself so it's something I never experienced.
    Is spring break just not the cool thing to do, or do they go elsewhere now?

Thanks,
    Well I think that if the do students come down, they're hitting the many all-inclusive resorts. They're rarely going to and experiencing the Negril that we know and love (The all-inclusives, take a part in that.. scaring the people from wandering off their properties). I've noticed that most of the young people that I do see at the small hotels in Negril, tend to be Europeans.

User Info Menu

Do places that take Negril excursion day trips (e.g. margaritaville) see an uptick in high season ? We will be staying at Negril Palms/Treehouse so just curious since that is close by ..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamman View Post
    Do places that take Negril excursion day trips (e.g. margaritaville) see an uptick in high season ? We will be staying at Negril Palms/Treehouse so just curious since that is close by ..
    I stayed at Negril Palms in Sept of last year and Margaritaville's tourist crowds aren't close enough to impact you at the Palms (BTW, say Hi to my fav bartender on the beach, Rudy, at the Yard Beach house that's between the Palms and Treehouse... his bar is alot more fun than at the Palms). It's funny because you'll see rows of empty chairs on the beach most of day at Margaritaville and then for a couple of hours, they fill up with tourists and then will be empty again after the buses leave (I only noticed it happening 2-3 times a week then). The 'local vendors' all line up at the edges of the Margaritaville property, trying to make a sale of something but the tourists seem too afraid to approach the locals (and the Margaritaville security won't let the locals approach the tourists in the chairs) or leave the property.

Last edited by ukran1ans; 09-09-2019 at 02:28 PM.

User Info Menu

Oh the memories...
    Early 1990's at the Pickled Parrot, helping co-eds up the ladder!!!