Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September 11th

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

September 11th

May we never forget!!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Re: September 11th

Forget what?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rtitle View Post
    Forget what?
    rtitle, terrorists attacked the USA 18 years ago today. Thousands of people were killed.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Every year at 10:28 AM, the ferries gather motionless, facing the WTC and sound their horns for 60 seconds in memory of the North Tower collapsing.
    View from my office today:

Name:  1029 am WTC.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  289.6 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyNYC View Post
    Every year at 10:28 AM, the ferries gather motionless, facing the WTC and sound their horns for 60 seconds in memory of the North Tower collapsing.
    View from my office today:

Name:  1029 am WTC.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  289.6 KB
    That's cool Mikey, thanks for sharing.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I was joking of course. I was in Negril right before that happened, and I was back in Boston on Sep 11 2001. It was surreal watching it on TV from Boston; would have been even more surreal watching it from Jamaica I imagine.

User Info Menu

........would have been even more surreal watching it from Jamaica I imagine.
    Yes, it was. I was there (just retired) staying at Yellow Bird. That was before TV's or phones in the rooms. Carol-Ann was the manager and she had a tiny TV in the office. She came down to tell me but, to be honest, I thought she was joking. Then I saw it for myself. It was horrific.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

I was joking of course. I was in Negril right before that happened, and I was back in Boston on Sep 11 2001. It was surreal watching it on TV from Boston; would have been even more surreal watching it from Jamaica I imagine.
    Not a good day or event for joking..........

User Info Menu

Wow. Very poor taste. Lay off the rum.

Administrator

User Info Menu

...It was surreal watching it on TV from Boston; would have been even more surreal watching it from Jamaica I imagine.
    Here is what I wrote on that day's Negril Today page while still not believing what I was seeing:

Today, the world changed. Everyone was glued to CNN as the surreal images of the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City coming down after a well organized hostage attack were repeated from various angles in this age of the video camera. The attendees at the Tuesday Board Meeting Daze this week at Sam Sara sat in shock as the free world became a little less free. People from all over the world must have been in those buildings and this is not just an American tragedy, but one that will forever change the world. Sitting at sunset in Negril is always great, but on this day, the shock at the scope of the destruction acted as a cloud over the setting sun. Take care everyone and our thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims of this horrible event.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!