Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Clarity, Markus and Jamar in Negril – Nov 2011 Trip Report: Day 1-3

User Info Menu

Manda, did you miss this in post 163?

(Disclaimer* - No, my maiden name is not McIntosh. I have changed the names of my family members in respect for their privacy.)

User Info Menu

@Manda
    Didn't Clarity say that Macintosh was a pseudonym?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rum-polephoreskin View Post
    Every time Markus refers to Clarity as Daisy, I think of "The Great Gatsby".
    I totaly agree

The best water shoes I ever had were purchased from Lands end! Perfect !

User Info Menu

I must have missed that part hahaha MY BAD Nevermind then ..

User Info Menu

For Hubby and Jamar's sake I got goose bumps on this too (just no crying)
    We've been to all 3 major falls and a hidden one and I love Mayfield Falls (the scenery that is) but I have to say the terrain makes you work for the chance to see its beauty. We went after it had rained a lot so a lot of mud (slippery) and very hard to get a foot hold (very difficult climbing). The next day we both felt like we had done a work out video after not having worked out in a while. Though it isnt the favorite of the 3 main ones I loved learning about nature and I too could have spent all day playing with that flower. There is another one they have (I saw it in the Blue Mountains when I did a downhill bike tour) that if you touch the seed pods even a little it will explode all the seeds every where. Did he (you guide) show you the plant they use as soap. You rub in between your hands in the water and it suds up. I was in awe of how they truly find almost everything if not everything they need right there in the forest. I'm not sure I'd do Mayfields again but it was a journey I'm glad I did at least once. It funny everytime you mention chicken and his laugh I can hear it my head.

@Jamar when we were there last year we talked to chicken about how the Chinese were coming in fix the train system which was and I assume will be primarily used for locals ability to get around. Maybe that will alleviate some stress on the existing badly developed roads and maybe they'll put more money into working on those roads also. You never know.
    Da Ninja - 1st Annual Belly Flop Champ - Soon Come

~Fear accompanies the possibility of Death, Calm shepherds its certainty.

People's actions no longer affect a warrior when he has no more expectations of any kind. A strange peace becomes the ruling force in his life. He has adopted one of the concepts of a warrior's life -- detachment.
    ~from "The Eagle's Gift"~
    blog.ralonzosinclair.com

User Info Menu

OMG...MAYFIELD MUST be done with good sturdy watershoes and if it has rained the watershoes need spikes on the bottom like cleats!!! I do went to Mayfield Falls after a rain and wore flip flops and was slipping and sliding all over the place from the mud, my feet was sinking into the mud YUCK!!

Luvs
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Loving your report, re: the spider you saw wasn't a spider after all, it was an assassin bug.Attachment 8141

User Info Menu

Wait that's it???? I need to know how things went with your family; I need to know how the rest of the falls were; I just need to know!!!
    Happy holiday family time!

User Info Menu

Well hope that this continues, hope all is well.

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!!

Delta, Angel – No of course, that’s not it. We’re going to finish this trip report, even if it takes 5 years. It WILL be finished.

I’m sorry about the delay!

Markus has been busy with a major assignment for work that has consumed all of his time last week. When he gets a job like that, it takes over his life for that time period and he works crazy hours to finish by deadline. He just wrapped up the project last night. (woo hoo!) so he’ll be posting a new update tonight. The ball is finally rolling again.

Irie always, Marley, luvsdaislands -I know! You’re not kidding, guys - Next time I’m packing watershoes. My feet were enveloped in thick mud, bruised by the sharp rocks, scratched up by twigs, bitten to all hell by ants…lol

PattySather – I’ll check out Lands End for a good pair of watershoes for my next reach.

Ralonzo – You and Markus are going to get along so well! Like two peas in a pod! (We just need to score some cheap airfare for April.) And yeah… it did feel like we had spent 5 hours doing jumping jacks with Jane Fonda after Mayfield falls! My body ached all over. lol

Rum-polephoreskin – We appreciate the A+ - same grade goes to you! I’m already totally absorbed in your trip report! your writing is excellent. I can’t wait until you get back from your trip already and post more!

Manda – Yeah, I picked McIntosh because it’s a common Scottish last name similar to my own and I’m also a big fan of Peter Tosh. It would have been cool to be related to your friend though!

Kim & Betty - *shivers* The fact that it’s a creature called “The Assassin Bug” makes it all the more creepy! Markus was excited to put a name to it and says “thanks!”

Alright Markus is up next.
    Last edited by Clarity; 01-18-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    Carpe Diem