Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Clarity, Markus and Jamar in Negril – Nov 2011 Trip Report: Day 1-3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

So... We Transitioned from a hardcore partying night to a nice little quiet day excursion… we went to Mayfield falls.

Chicken ,our driver, took us there. What I thought would be a 45 minute drive or so turned into almost 2 hours. This was due to the bad road infrastructure.

What I noticed (and even from talking with Chicken about this) is that the roads where the big resorts are and the tourists gather are of decent quality. Everywhere else appeared to be covered with pot holes every other few yards or so! This is where the people are. Which is sad and we all know why that is..

Well, so we made it to Mayfield Falls and let me just tell you how beautiful it was! It was so amazing… you can drink the water and just the surrounding greenery was just to die for!

I must say that the drive there was well worth it. I’m very bad at remembering names ( I’m sure Markus will mention in his trip report) but our instructor was very friendly and informative. We also
    got a chance to meet his family afterwards… He has 2 daughters and 1 son. I quickly gravitated to
    his youngest daughter who wanted to dance with me. It was someone’s birthday and they were starting
    to celebrate with good music.

I would highlight the experience in Mayfield Falls as the best moment of my trip to Jamaica!

I know that I didn’t go into too many details with Mayfield, but that’s the beauty of it...

This is a memory that will stick with me forever, a memory that I couldn’t do justice by attempting writing it down on a piece of paper... if that makes sense!

Markus is up next
    Last edited by jamariquoi; 01-09-2012 at 01:36 AM.