Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Negril Beach Club Condo - Be aware !!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    I hope you are not doubting i got robbed I dont understand what your are stating here "Not only is this an isolated incident at NBCC but it also stems from who you let into your unit and the activities you partake in" And no this is not an isolated incident, it happened other times too. It's quite special that you say it's a shame all the details have not been provided. I am sorry of being robbed and i just wanted to aware people if they go there for a stay.
    No, I am not doubting you got robbed as I'm sure you did. What I'm saying is perhaps there could be more details to the story that might have caused you too be robbed? Nothing justifies being robbed but certainly, I'm sure you can agree that there are certain actions/behaviors that would cause one to become a victim (other than random crimes).

I say random robberies at NBCC are isolated case. While robberies by someone the guest knows is more rampant. I don't have any kind of statistics but I would go out on a limb and say that robbery of tourist while in their room most likely happen from somebody they know or somebody they have let into their room.

It is a shame that all details were not provided and it is a good thing that you posted b/c the effect will cause people to be more cautious - me included. Negril is a small town and details do surface of the other side of the story. You came on here and posted your experience of robbery but the omitted details I am referring to is information that you can provide of what you were doing, who you were hanging with, who knew what you had in your room, lots of things.

Again, I am really sorry that you were robbed. I just don't think you should hold the property responsible or claim it was an inside job of staff...possible the inside job were your "friends"??

User Info Menu

I'm sure there are some false robbery claims. It doesn't make anyone feel any better knowing it after some creep comes into their room, and takes whatever they feel entitled to.

User Info Menu

"Quote Originally Posted by Boogzy View Post
    Well there goes the Beach Club cred. How can anyone stay there after reading these posts. It sounds like an inside job so how can anyone trust any person working there including Ms Gaynair.

Anything is possible I suppose....but last trip down I had forgotten that I sent 200 down as a deposit, something I had not done in a long time.........(never asked for one)

So I sen t 2 100 TC to her................

After we checked in, I went down to pay, and did so............thought no more about it......

2 days later Jean stopped in to asked if I had sent her a deposit ??
    I could not remember........???....I said "I dont normally so I would say No".........

next day she gave me the 200 in Jamaican ( Bank Rates also)
    said she had checked into it and I did............................and this was my refund.......

that's honesty to me I would say
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

This is the closest I could find to the lock I use. Also use them at home. When I moved in my home 19 years ago, I had the local sheriff's office do a security check. I was interested as there had been a recent newspaper article about this public service offered by the department. These were what she recommended. What I have is about double in size, has two of the things to turn to lock it in place. I picked them up at WalMart. They don't carry them now though. At least my local one doesn't (not a Super WalMart). Home Depot? Lowe's?

http://www.amazon.com/High-Security-.../dp/B00065XR2M

BTW... I have a friend from the UK who stays in G 10 when in Negril, usually for 3-4 weeks at a time in the summer. No break ins when she's been there. For safety reasons, I always stay in at least a second floor room. I know this can't always happen, but if I can't be guaranteed that location, I won't stay.

BTW... I'll be back at NBCC for 2 weeks in February.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 11-19-2011 at 07:13 PM.

User Info Menu

Christine, if you love Negril enough that you've been there three times this year then I'll bet the feelings will pass and you will be back. I've never stayed at NBCC, but I don't remember hearing anything but good about Jean Gaynair. It could be that she needs to take a good look at her security and/or employees. If nobody brought these issues public, then a lot of the resorts wouldn't bother to address them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
    Christine, if you love Negril enough that you've been there three times this year then I'll bet the feelings will pass and you will be back. I've never stayed at NBCC, but I don't remember hearing anything but good about Jean Gaynair. It could be that she needs to take a good look at her security and/or employees. If nobody brought these issues public, then a lot of the resorts wouldn't bother to address them.
    Yes you are right, i will let time pass on and will see. I know that bad things happens anywhere. I'm not accusing Mrs. Gaynair. We talked together and it was cool. Only i thought i would be compensate more but i guess it's ok. The complaint i have is about the security manager that was ignoring me, not too professionnal in my opinion that's why i have doubts but I AM NOT ACCUSING ANYONE.

It's over now and if i decide to go back i will be alot more aware and will choose another place to stay that has good security reputation. I've travelled quite alot and it's the first time it happens to me.

Thanks to eveyone here for your support

User Info Menu

I find this report very disturbing. I was at the NBCC at the same time and talked to you after the incident. At that time you admitted that you did NOT lock your door with either the door lock or the stick in the runner. You also failed to mention that your Jamaican boyfriend was staying with you. It is possible that your boyfriend did this, or that he set it up, or that it was an actual break-in. If someone (thief) had moved the stick from the door it would surely have awakened you or your boyfriend. I feel this is unfair to the Beach Club and certainly to Miss Jean. Please give all the information when reporting such an incident! Granted the security at the hotel is not the best but they do what they can to protect the property and guests. You also failed to mention that your test kit was returned to you when you visited the police department to pick up a report the following day.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by San Fran Janet View Post
    you admitted that you did NOT lock your door with either the door lock or the stick in the runner. You also failed to mention that your Jamaican boyfriend was staying with you
    inside job mon......no doubt about it.......seen this too many times in Negril

people.........if you let a stranger in your room.........
    you are really are asking for it.......all bets are off.........
    and not using the locks is plain stupid mon........be smart people.......
    you really are asking for a tief to help themselves to your belongings.......
    would you invite in a stranger into your home in North America you barely know?
    and saying someone is your boyfriend or girlfriend when you only reach once, twice or three times a year......
    doesn't mean they have your best interest in hand......and dem always have friends......

just mi two cents........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20