Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Negril Beach Club Condo - Be aware !!

User Info Menu

RG...I agree that a lock should be fixed (most of us would never stay in the room knowing the lock needs fixing)...but at this point in the story....who knows what was really going on or what really happened!!
    Sadly & manipulatively pertinent details were left out of the original post & following posts....no one will ever really know the truth!

User Info Menu

I had the same experience at Rooms on the Beach. Patio door (ground floor) had two locks, and the one we were not using was left open. I wonder if the maid unlocked it. Same story, someone in the room while we were sleeping, very unsettling. We are going back to Negril in February and will be extra careful.

User Info Menu

Nbcc

Christine:
    I am so sorry to hear something that alarmed you ocurred. I am going to touch on the ever avoided subject of Jamaican man friends. To you he may appear completely honest and heartwarming because when you are there for short times he is with you. I can not express to you how much I fully understand this. Jamaican man friends very regularly put people in a bad spot. I think I am who advised you to go to NBCC and I will advise everyone still now after hearing this. What i will advise against while solely your business is the belief that men in Jamaica that you have known for a total of weeks in person are to be trusted with your property and the belief that any acts that follow mean they are not affiliated. In Negril and Jamaica in general it is easy for women to find jamaican men who treat them well and make them feel gorgeous this is an industry in Jamaica.
    In reference to negril beach club i knew of the previous robberies before staying there however I myself was robbed at both RIU properties in Negril when staying there and I am related to management and they had entered right through front door so it can happen anywhere.At NBCC two trips ago my door remained wide open with safe open and large amounts of contents in the open safe while I was unaware next door from around midnight to 4am, just so there is no leaving out facts, I did have a man sleeping in my room at the time that both thought the other had locked the door, but I hardly think that would deter theives if they are breaking in rooms with sleeping people. I never noticed these things when I returned and at 5am my door had a knock, my X husband went to the door to see who it was and it was the hotel security that had found my key lying outside. He would have returned it earlier had he not been busy with a woman who's room had been robbed while she was out with a man friend she had invited over earlier in the week. The thief was never found to my knowledge.
    While this was a huge wake up call for me about my own security it led me further to my belief that NBCC is as safe as the others.
    Again Christine I am sorry this happened but the bottom line is NBCC is highly regarded by repeat travelers, use Jamaican men for your benefit for the time period you are there just as they are you and know it is just that do not trust anyone you would not at home with the same real time spent in person together.

In addition, Jean Gaynair was under no contract to give you anything, that is the responsibility of trip insurance not many hotels anywhere would do that. I have been robbed in Cozumel, Ocho Rios, and Negril and it has never been the responsibilty of hotels for reimbursement.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

OOh Mrs Gaynair has placed a single solo female on the ground floor before...One of my friends stayed there back in March caushe did not want to stay where we stayed and YES she was on the ground floor..Sooo please DO NOT say this does not happen cause it does!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sexybutterflyatl View Post
    OOh Mrs Gaynair has placed a single solo female on the ground floor before...One of my friends stayed there back in March caushe did not want to stay where we stayed and YES she was on the ground floor..Sooo please DO NOT say this does not happen cause it does!!!
    yes, it does happen but did this person tell Mrs. Gaynair that she was solo and didn't want the first floor? I'm traveling solo on Wed and she has told me she would move me to a higher level but I told her I wanted to stay on the ground floor.

The wood stick for the patio door is used in addition to the patio lock - it;s the same thing as the plastic rod that most patio doors in the US have. I'm sure had the broken lock been brought to the attention of management, it would have been fixed. Thanks to Christine telling her story, I plan to check my locks upon checking in.

Christine's boyfriend could very well be a decent man who had no role in this robbery BUT the party she had in her unit the night before most likely brought people that she did not know. It gave those people ample opportunity to case her unit and then come back to take what they want. An alcohol induced sleep would have prevented most people to wake during a robbery.

I do hope that Christine does comes back to negril.com even if it's not to post in this thread.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
    Who returned the testing machine?
    Yes, this is very curious. First, why would a thief want to return the tester? Second, why would a thief take his/her stolen goods to the police? A thief with a conscience? If a thief can't sell/use what they stole, I would think they would throw it away....and if someone found the abandoned tester, would they go to the trouble of bringing it to the police?
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Yesss she knew she ws traveling alone before she got there..She moved her after the first two days the point I was making here that this does happen she has placed single solo travelers on the ground level..Ms Jean is a very very nicr ladyi know there are SEVERAL peoplw that are loyal to nbcc we are all loyal to the place we hv found in negrill to stay at that has become or second home..like shelly k stated it can happen at any hotel

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican71 View Post
    Christine's boyfriend could very well be a decent man who had no role in this robbery BUT the party she had in her unit the night before most likely brought people that she did not know. It gave those people ample opportunity to case her unit and then come back to take what they want. An alcohol induced sleep would have prevented most people to wake during a robbery.

I do hope that Christine does comes back to negril.com even if it's not to post in this thread.
    Jamerican71 and some others on this tread,

I said that i will not come to write down here again. But now enough is enough !!!

Where did you get that info that I had a party the night before ? That we could have gone to bed after we have drank ? I don't remember writing this down. What right do you have to post these things on here ? You are going to far !

First, this was not a party, is was a simple dinner with a family of 3 people. A couple and there daughter of 9 yo. Not JAMAICAN people, even if it were Jamaican people it’s nobody’s business. This is my private things, what right do you have to assume that those people could have come back to steel me ? Oh wowww ! You don’t even know them neither the gal who was there same time of me. She should write down here on the board instead of gossiping to you/others instead of pm. She wasn’t invited to the dinner, nor she knows how much we could have taken alcohol.

I’m sick and tired that you and some others on this tread are assuming things that could have or not have happened. With all the posts I’ve read here, it seems that I’m the bad one and the gal Janet something is the one to tell the truth. Who are you guys to judge me like that ? Why you believe more that gal than me ? If someone is honest on this earth, it’s me. You only see bad and if someone writes down what you don’t want to hear, well you judge them.

I’m now asking publicly that Rob stops this tread. He will take the decision. It’s not good and it turned bad.

I did say that I’m assuming my mistakes about it and I was sorry and even though some are not stopping to gossip about it and being negative. They can’t stop the sh**ty things.

User Info Menu

Thanks for coming back Christine. I apologize if you think I am making assumptions. I haven't received a single PM from anybody regarding this thread so that is not my source. I also don't know San Fran at all.

You're definitely NOT the bad one, the bad one is the person who stole from you. I'm also not judging you as anybody traveling anywhere can fall prey to being a victim. I simply say, your experience and your post of the theft has certainly opened the eyes of travelers.

I'm obviously loyal to NBCC but I am also of Jamaican heritage and it gets under my skin when I see posts of any kind of crime when reality is that it might not have been so random.
    Last edited by Jamerican71; 11-21-2011 at 10:20 AM.

User Info Menu

Christine, there will always be those who will try to make it look like the victim's fault. When these things happen, it's up to the property owner/manager to take a close look into how it can be prevented....especially if it's obvious it's coming from within the grounds. I know we sure as heck don't spend all that money on a room just so the staff can help themselves to our things. Not saying this is for sure the case here, but there are plenty of places where it happens.

ETA: I wish you wouldn't ask to have this thread removed. If nobody made these things public, the properties wouldn't have a need to make changes.
    Last edited by CarrieBean; 11-21-2011 at 11:04 AM.