Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My experiences at Benta River Falls in Williamsfield, Westmoreland.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: My experiences at Benta River Falls in Williamsfield, Westmoreland.

Quote Originally Posted by yooper bill View Post
    Pasties in the UP, and patties in Jamaica are similar. Way back when Cornish miners brought pasties to the UP. They are a meat pie that the miners packed to have for lunch down in the mines. They are quite large though. A meal in itself. Every town up here has one pasty shop.
    Well, that certainly sheds some light on what Original Spanky was asking but....
    I had no clue about any article discussing food and...he said "patsies" which only confused me further.

I do know about "pasties" and you are right about how many shops in the UP sell them. I didn't want to end up being anyone's "patsy"

BTW. Any good Jamaican driver can get to Benta River Falls from Negril in around 1 and a half hours.

Respect
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Re: My experiences at Benta River Falls in Williamsfield, Westmoreland.

it was pasties mentioned in the article

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    it was pasties mentioned in the article
    Thanks for the clarification, Original Spanky. I just don't know what article. Was it mentioned here somewhere?

I was in Puerto Rico for a couple of years in '69 and '70 and I had a craving for the empanadillas which are basically the same thing as both the Jamaican Patty and the UP pastie.

Respect

User Info Menu

in haiti, they're called paté. the ones with herring are so good!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Nice post, Accompong. I know Williamsfield. It's really nice up there. The views when you get to the top of the mountain are amazing.

For whoever asked about restaurants: A nice restaurant on the way, just outside Sav, is Guangos Jerk https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...5347042026275/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    As a former "yooper" myself. At least for two years in Kinross and Sault St. Marie while stationed at Kinchloe, I can assure you that the remoteness and virtual "untouched" feeling of nature here is very similar to the UP. Not as much pressure from locals to reside in your pocket along with your hard-earned money (if you get my drift).
    Thanks for the kind words.
    BONUS Picture of my neighbor's house.
    Attachment 53787
    Respect
    Who are all Yoopers here?

I am an NMU graduate. It's a Great Day to be a Wildcat!

User Info Menu

I forgot to add a picture of a breadfruit tree. Just thought I would show it as it was right in front of me when I sat in my chair on the verandah.

Peace and Guidance
    Name:  007.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  780.6 KB