Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maximum Withdrawal Amount at ATMs

User Info Menu

Re: Maximum Withdrawal Amount at ATMs

I guess you miss understood, you can take out whatever is your bank daily ATM maximum (usually $500 in the US). So I'll do 2 transactions of $30,000 (for a total of $60,000) every time I visit a bank (worth about $425 US). Since the Canadian $ is close to equal of $100 Jamaican, as long as they accept your canadian money at the small places, I'd just use Canadian currency. The reason I don't do it with US dollars (and convert my US to jamaican) is that the small places tend to treat a US $1 like $100 when they give back change on a transaction and I'm losing 25 cents for every dollar. If I was staying at an all-inclusive and just using US $s for souvenirs and a few transactions, I wouldn't bother but since I'm spending cash the whole trip for everything, That'll add up to a few hundred dollars lost in transactions.
    Go Bills!

User Info Menu

Name:  7 Mile Scotia .png
Views: 272
Size:  210.8 KB

Google maps is showing a Scotia ATM on Seven Mile. Is this information correct? Comments were only as recent as 2017 so I'm thinking it's no longer there?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alix View Post
    Name:  7 Mile Scotia .png
Views: 272
Size:  210.8 KB

Google maps is showing a Scotia ATM on Seven Mile. Is this information correct? Comments were only as recent as 2017 so I'm thinking it's no longer there?
    I believe that's the Scotia ATM at the times square plaza. It's there but it frequently runs out of money. The more reliable ATM in Negril is at the bank in town, by the traffic circle.
    Go Bills!