Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617

Thread: Treasure Beach 2020 Who’s Down When???

User Info Menu

Re: Treasure Beach 2020 Who’s Down When???

Treasure Beach and Vancouver Island! Two of my favorite places in the world. We stayed once on Treasure Beach in a huge home with a pool. rooftop deck and outside shower- it was designed by Sally Henzell and has a nice dome on top of the master bedroom - you can usually pick it out from a shoreline view with that feature. Its webpage used to be www.treasurebeach.com but it doesn't look active anymore. Right next to the fisherman's beach, very nice for the best fish and lobster.
    Not much info on the VIsland home we rented but it had huge picture windows through which we watched the whales spouting off every day. Great hiking and huuuge slugs!

User Info Menu

Odinson,
    I'm not familiar with the property you mention but Sally and the Henzell family have fingerprints on all things Treasure Beach. Jason runs Jack Sprat's among other things. Perry Henzell was as we all know the Director and writer of "The Harder They Come"!! and it's sequel "No Place Like Home" a couple years later. They have been established there for a long long time!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Odinson,
    I'm not familiar with the property you mention but Sally and the Henzell family have fingerprints on all things Treasure Beach. Jason runs Jack Sprat's among other things. Perry Henzell was as we all know the Director and writer of "The Harder They Come"!! and it's sequel "No Place Like Home" a couple years later. They have been established there for a long long time!!
    Found it - The Buccaneer! It was a cool property. There were two graves in the concrete by the pool. The old caretaker explained they were his parents who had been granted the land after slavery. The land was passed down to him and with no heirs, he sold it to the (then) present owner with rights to live and work for the property until he died. He was pretty old - I took over the pool duties while there as he was struggling a bit. Saw my first mongoose there!
    We were there when Portia took over as PM in 2012 - one of the caretakers got pretty angry when the vuvuzelas started to blow - that's how he found out he lost his public sector job as a rubbish collector - government changed from JLP to PNP and he was JLP.

Name:  Buccaneer.jpg
Views: 4772
Size:  13.8 KB

User Info Menu

Greetings to All South Coast and especially Treasure Beach Lovers!! Anybody been down recently who can give a quick Travel Report? Would love to read what I have been missing!!