Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Driving a vehicle on the beach in Negril....

User Info Menu

Driving a vehicle on the beach in Negril....

First horses, now cars!!!

We have noticed the past few trips that there seems to be a slow increase in people driving vehicles on the beach. Last year, there was and still is a guy on an electric scooter tooling back and forth. Then we noticed a ganja salesman plying his wares from a regular motorcycle. Then the cops are driving a big utility vehicle down the beach.

Yesterday was the worst. A car with speakers entered the beach, probably at Captain Quality, while we were trying to enjoy lunch at Lillies at Skylark. The speakers were blasting and he kept driving back and forth for maybe 10 minutes.

Does anyone know if there is any unenforced law, regulation, rule, or whatever about driving a motorized vehicle on the beach?

User Info Menu

Re: Driving a vehicle on the beach in Negril....

This also was the case in late '60s....when asked why?
    "the tourist ask for it Mon"...........the more tourist want the less and less you will see the Jamaica we fell in love with....and more like Daytona or Miami Beach........Sad
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

Administrator

User Info Menu

Also, if I am not mistaken, that happened on Boxing Day.... Strange things happen on Boxing Day....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Also, if I am not mistaken, that happened on Boxing Day.... Strange things happen on Boxing Day....
    Does this appear to be a future problem or a rare event?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CG1404 View Post
    Does this appear to be a future problem or a rare event?
    A very rare event...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I was surprised to see a motorbike on the beach yesterday. The driver was waving a large batch of ganja!

User Info Menu

“Weed on wheels” he’s always there but not a nuisance and drives respectfully.
    Was there for the beach car “day” they were advertising some concert or something. As said rare incident don’t sweat it....