Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: money rates

User Info Menu

Re: money rates

Nope, Danap, done the math and reported it here many times. When I withdraw from an ATM I get the actual interbank rate less the fixed transaction fees (same whether you withdraw 300 or 30K), no padding of the exchange rate.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by danap View Post
    do the math doubt you get 130 , got to pay juice to jamaica, when i bought rate was 133j,, in the end i got 120j
    Dec 04, 2019 NCB SUNSHINE VILLAGE NEGRIL J, JM -$225.17 $351.79
    Dec 04, 2019 NCB SUNSHINE VILLAGE NEGRIL J, JM -$225.17 $576.96

Above are the transactions from my checking account when I was in Negril last month. The going international rate was $135 JMD to $1 US. I was pulling out the ATM max of $30,000 JMD per transaction for 2 transactions (as you can see above, I was charged $225.17 US per transaction). So 30,000/225.17 = 133.23. You can doubt all you want but the math is the math my friend

If you live in the US, all you have to do is open an Ally CHecking Account (It's online so available everywhere), let them know you'll be in jamaica and you can get the same benefits....
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 01-07-2020 at 09:28 AM.

User Info Menu

hay again , wow , in 33 years i have never gotten the said rate, when the bank said 133 i jumped on it in the end it turned out to be 120j to one , i have never used an atm mechine, i would love to see it with my own eyes,,,,,,,even rob said rate was around 120j??? exchange rate on the internet is 130j

User Info Menu

hay again , wow , in 33 years i have never gotten the said rate, when the bank said 133 i jumped on it in the end it turned out to be 120j to one , i have never used an atm mechine, i would love to see it with my own eyes,,,,,,,even rob said rate was around 120j??? exchange rate on the internet is 130j
    Of course the international rate fluctuates daily but I usually get about 2 JMDs less than the going international rate that day when I pull from a bank ATM. Again, check with your bank first to see what they charge for foreign transaction fees (they're not all the same)

User Info Menu

the rate is 132j today , i would love to get that rate, there for 8 weeks would save me a bunch of money , i wouldnt have to be so cheap[lol]

User Info Menu

hay ukran1ans,, hope to bump into you this feb , and get to the bottom of this [ lol ] love to get that higher rate, not much for online acc. and stuff like that, i am to old school i guess, 4 more sleeps one love,,,,,,,

User Info Menu

the rate is 132j today , i would love to get that rate, there for 8 weeks would save me a bunch of money , i wouldnt have to be so cheap[lol]
    As I said, open an Ally Checking account online. Or call your bank and see what they charge with your debit card in jamaica...

User Info Menu

hay ukran1ans,, hope to bump into you this feb , and get to the bottom of this [ lol ] love to get that higher rate, not much for online acc. and stuff like that, i am to old school i guess, 4 more sleeps one love,,,,,,,
    Well I'll be on the beach at White Sands starting on the 8th, probably hit Seastar for their Saturday night show on the 8th and probably at Drifters on Sunday the 9th for their afternoon show... So maybe I'll see ya around!

User Info Menu

thanks man , dont like online acc. and never had a debit card, gettin a bad rate is my own fault, will have to look into it this summer when i have more time,, thanks again

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Dec 04, 2019 NCB SUNSHINE VILLAGE NEGRIL J, JM -$225.17 $351.79
    Dec 04, 2019 NCB SUNSHINE VILLAGE NEGRIL J, JM -$225.17 $576.96

Above are the transactions from my checking account when I was in Negril last month. The going international rate was $135 JMD to $1 US. I was pulling out the ATM max of $30,000 JMD per transaction for 2 transactions (as you can see above, I was charged $225.17 US per transaction). So 30,000/225.17 = 133.23. You can doubt all you want but the math is the math my friend

If you live in the US, all you have to do is open an Ally CHecking Account (It's online so available everywhere), let them know you'll be in jamaica and you can get the same benefits....
    ukran1ans - So I know there are other threads on if it is worth exchanging USD to JA .. do you use JA only or a mixture of JA and USD ?
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]