Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: money rates

User Info Menu

Re: money rates

Quote Originally Posted by jamman View Post
    ukran1ans - So I know there are other threads on if it is worth exchanging USD to JA .. do you use JA only or a mixture of JA and USD ?
    Primarily I use Jamaican $ (the only time I use US there, is to pay my driving service from the airport and if I run out of Jamaican if I can't get to a bank in time to reload). I just got tired of being short changed with alot of my transactions when using US $ (I figured that over a typical 10 day trip that could be a couple of hundred US dollars, which is alot of Red Stripes!!! )

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Primarily I use Jamaican $ (the only time I use US there, is to pay my driving service from the airport and if I run out of Jamaican if I can't get to a bank in time to reload). I just got tired of being short changed with alot of my transactions when using US $ (I figured that over a typical 10 day trip that could be a couple of hundred US dollars, which is alot of Red Stripes!!! )
    Thanks great to know .. I need to look into doing that also !
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

I went to the new NCB bank ATM drivethru in the new complex in Negril and pulled out 30,000 J..my net on my card was 129.5 to one..that was last week

Sponsor

User Info Menu

These days (trying to act like a Jamaican in every way) I just carry around just a few small Jamaican bills in a pocket. And one card just in case. Most stores take credit cards so there's no need to carry lots of cash. I used to walk around with a fat wallet stuffed with US and Jamaican cash as well as cards. Bad idea - it's like pinning a "rob me" sign on your pants. After getting robbed in Kingston I decided to stop acting like a dumb tourist and start acting like a smart Jamaican...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rtitle View Post
    These days (trying to act like a Jamaican in every way) I just carry around just a few small Jamaican bills in a pocket. And one card just in case. Most stores take credit cards so there's no need to carry lots of cash. I used to walk around with a fat wallet stuffed with US and Jamaican cash as well as cards. Bad idea - it's like pinning a "rob me" sign on your pants. After getting robbed in Kingston I decided to stop acting like a dumb tourist and start acting like a smart Jamaican...
    I usually start each day with just $10K-$15K JMD walking around money with a credit card (only for emergencies). The wallet (with most of my cash) stays in a nice safety deposit box. Most of the lil places I like to hit, don't take credit cards (not at least til dinner)...

User Info Menu

I always do it when I get there at Western Union or one of the Cambios in Negril. Banks in Canada gouge you for any currency exchange.
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]