Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailboat on the beach at Treehouse?

User Info Menu

Re: Sailboat on the beach at Treehouse?

Nothing so far today. Sure is another beautiful day tho.

Name:  20200223_111158.jpg
Views: 2765
Size:  2.29 MB
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Hey Todd, awesome photo man!! Don't know what you used for a camera but that is a great shot!! Looks like a really beautiful day on Negril Beach. Rumor had it that there was to be a crane on site this weekend according to another Jamaica Forum but I had my doubts although who knows what's really going on?? Thanks again Todd for your efforts, much appreciated!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    hey todd, awesome photo man!! Don't know what you used for a camera but that is a great shot!! Looks like a really beautiful day on negril beach. Rumor had it that there was to be a crane on site this weekend according to another jamaica forum but i had my doubts although who knows what's really going on?? Thanks again todd for your efforts, much appreciated!!
    x 2………………………….

User Info Menu

Fantastic shot Todd
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Name:  IMG_20200224_065948.jpg
Views: 2396
Size:  1.36 MBThis morning.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Still nothing going on. Got a shot from the sea.

Name:  20200226_155306.jpg
Views: 2135
Size:  1.89 MB

Name:  20200226_155317.jpg
Views: 2121
Size:  1.48 MB
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Hate to add to the quarter backing, but they had the solution back when the excavator was there. Digging a trench for the keel and dragging her out with parasailing boat. Attempting to lift that at shore on sand is going to be a very long arduous process.

User Info Menu

Why didn't the excavator simply try to push it free? Couldn't they have extended the bucket and pushed it into deeper water?

User Info Menu

The excavator had to build up an island of sand to get closer to the boat, couple that with the shallow water and it was just not working.

User Info Menu

As I see it one of the big problems here to set her free is the fact that the water is pretty shallow for quite a way out. Does anybody know how deep it needs to be to get it afloat?? Seamuis idea sounds practical?? How deep a trench and how far out are we talking?? And a parasailing boat to drag her out?? How about one of the Charter Fishing Boats like Stanley has, w/twin diesels if a real tug isn't available?? Seemingly nobody on the ground / beach is in a great hurry!! Let's keep this thread going until she's free!!