Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailboat on the beach at Treehouse?

User Info Menu

Re: Sailboat on the beach at Treehouse?

Here are some pic's from yesterday when they were building the sea anchors to hopefully be used to winch it out to sea...… Today the heavy waves are back so there won't be any Help there...… I'll walk down later and take some more Pic's

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weeboy1 View Post
    I don’t know anything but wouldn’t that have been the time to tow it from the front to deeper water. If the keel was free and the weight on the mast would have kept her on her side until deep enough to right her.
    They tried, but the anchors they were using pulled free.

Anchors moved towards shore instead of boat moving towards anchor.

Need stronger anchors, or less resistance.
    Last edited by ThePachenas; 02-03-2020 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Added quote, for context

User Info Menu

This morning, moderately large waves.

Boat has turned around and is again bow towards beach.

Cement weights are still on beach.

User Info Menu

We're cliff dwellers so pardon my ignorance - are those tourists in a cage? Is the fence to protect from beach walkers? What property is that?

Quote Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
    Here are some pic's from yesterday when they were building the sea anchors to hopefully be used to winch it out to sea...… Today the heavy waves are back so there won't be any Help there...… I'll walk down later and take some more Pic's

User Info Menu

Rough seas came in last night...… Walked down to see how the boat made out in the waves...… Turned the boat around and its still buried...…. Talked to some of the people trying to get the boat out and they said they are trying to get a Tugboat from MoBay to help out...….. But they are looking for donations as the Tug Boat wants $20,000 US to come over....

User Info Menu

Lol....its a ***** on the beach. Luckily they give us bread and water.

User Info Menu

kwizz thanks for the great photos and updates. Who are those guys in the photos working? the boat owners?? Donations??? 20K for a tugboat?? Does that guarantee he'll get it out of just get a tug from MoBay?? That's what insurance is for. I wouldn't feel obligated to give them monetary help. I know S*** happens but how did they get stuck in the first place!! Too bad. I saw one not make it on Negril Beach in 1980. It was sad to see!! Please keep us posted with pics and report. Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    kwizz thanks for the great photos and updates. Who are those guys in the photos working? the boat owners?? Donations??? 20K for a tugboat?? Does that guarantee he'll get it out of just get a tug from MoBay?? That's what insurance is for. I wouldn't feel obligated to give them monetary help. I know S*** happens but how did they get stuck in the first place!! Too bad. I saw one not make it on Negril Beach in 1980. It was sad to see!! Please keep us posted with pics and report. Thanks
    From what I understand the owner is from England and was told in the past his anchor lines were too short which created a too sharp angle down to the Anchors...…… the locals in the pic's are just trying to help the owner...… Probably friends as the owner had been anchored here for a while.....

User Info Menu

I'm surprised that Gail hasn't turned it into a swim up Bar yet......

User Info Menu

Sooooo, what are the salvage laws in Jamaica??