Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailboat on the beach at Treehouse?

User Info Menu

Re: Sailboat on the beach at Treehouse?

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Maybe you should come down & check it out yourself...of course bring my friend with you
    ya...see you soon..those guys need help...
    that thing will be full of sand

User Info Menu

kwizz how in heck's name did the beached sailboat do a 180 overnight?? Not assuming you would know but you are there and have watched this first person? That defies physical science. Any idea how big the keel is and how deep its buried in the sand??
    Rumlover I believe that International Maritime Salvage Laws take precedence in a situation like this and my understanding is that they are hundreds of years old and fairly complicated. I'm not a lawyer but it seems one is needed in this case?? kwizz don't know how long you're in Negril for but please keep dropping pics and updates if you can?? Thanks

User Info Menu

I just know that from one day to the next it reversed directions during the overnight waves...…. The Keel is still on the boat and the three drums you see in the pic's are keeping the boat at an angle to keep the Keel from going deeper...…. Not much happened today except it now appears the lean is greater and water is now getting inside.....

User Info Menu

kwizz Thanks a lot for your updates. This obviously has nothing to do with me I'm just interested from the "what if it were me" point of view. If it were me and glad it's not I'd try and be pumping water out as much as possible while I figure out a plan. That's why I ask about how big the keel is because as we all know the water is pretty shallow off the beach quite a way out. Would it be a simple task to tow it out with the proper boat in conjunction with a heavy machine?? The longer it stays like it is the sooner it will become Treehouse Boat Bar II.

User Info Menu

Name:  E0251251-E7E7-4175-9347-EB479069F767.jpeg
Views: 1956
Size:  2.20 MB

User Info Menu

Yes

User Info Menu

Treehouse no fence here

User Info Menu