Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailboat on the beach at Treehouse?

User Info Menu

Re: Sailboat on the beach at Treehouse?

Forgot to ask you all but has there been any sign of the Jamaican Coast Guard or any other JA govt officials at the site?? Just curious...

User Info Menu

Hadn't thought about the destroyer, that would pull it out for sure!
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

In addition to the sea anchors missing from the Beach and the air bags being installed...… They also have a couple of small pumps on the beach getting ready to try and wash the sand from under the boat...…. Hope it works but...……

User Info Menu

kwhizz great pics and updates. You should do a journal with photos throughout the ordeal?? I too hope that they get it out it just seems that everything is being done piecemeal without a big focus on a major push. I could be wrong on that. The trash pumps look a little substandard to move large amounts of sand but again I'm no expert so presumably whoever is running the job knows best??

User Info Menu

Walked down the beach today and the Bow was out towards the sea...…. I asked the guys how they did that and they told me they had a tractor there and hooked a cable to it and spun it around...…. I then asked what the plans were to get the boat out.....they just shrugged their shoulders and said they really didn't know...….. Probably my last report as we are going home tomorrow....Hopefully someone else will continue the thread ……

User Info Menu

kwhizz thanks again for the great reporting, photos and update. Sorry to hear that you have to head back to reality tomorrow but hope that you had a wonderful stay in Negril.

By virtue of the sailboat being turned almost daily it seems that moving it around is possible so one would think that getting it totally free is within reach. I get the feeling from your posts that there isn't a master plan as what to do next. I suppose that as long as it isn't being damaged in any way it can stay where it is until somebody official says otherwise.

Thanks again for keeping us updated on the daily news. " Like sand through the hour glass so are the days in Negril" HaHa!

Please someone of us in Negril at the moment take the ball from kwhizz and keep carrying it downfield!! Thanks

User Info Menu

If they can spin it in a circle then the keel is free. Not sure I understand why they can’t tow it out with an adequate tow vessel. Maybe access to an appropriate vessel is part of the problem. Again if they can turn her they are 1/2 way there. So unfortunate!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Forgot to ask you all but has there been any sign of the Jamaican Coast Guard or any other JA govt officials at the site?? Just curious...
    Yes called them but it’s not in their portfolio
    Maritine Authority Capt Brady came by to speak with them

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weeboy1 View Post
    If they can spin it in a circle then the keel is free. Not sure I understand why they can’t tow it out with an adequate tow vessel. Maybe access to an appropriate vessel is part of the problem. Again if they can turn her they are 1/2 way there. So unfortunate!
    Spoke with the boat salvage company in Montego Bay , they can do it for $25,000 as vessel has to come from Montego Bay

User Info Menu

Ok who is going to start a go fund me page ?