Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: customs Sangster

User Info Menu

customs Sangster

I read in the Observer that they are setting up heat scanners before the immigration hall when you get off your flight to see if you have a fever. Well, you have to do what you have to do.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Re: customs Sangster

That is the first step toward shutting down the border. That step (the heat scanner thing that is) is pointless because it is too late. Which means shutting down the borders will also be pointless, if and when they decide to do that. Am I saying Jamaica should do either of these things (screen passengers, shut down borders)? I don't know, that depends on your definition of "should". But I do know the 2 questions are the same (i.e. "should they screen people?" and "should they shut down?"). In a few weeks all of you as well will see that they are the same question.

I am watching with interest how this develops. Because I care about Jamaica. And I care about myself. And I care about the whole world. I claim all 3 of those are also the same thing. If you don't agree with that statement, again wait.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

BTW they are also doing the heat scanner thing in Kingston. I knew that already because my wife is planning to fly into Kingston. The Observer article the OP was referring to also says it http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...avirus_crisis_

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pabloalto View Post
    I read in the Observer that they are setting up heat scanners before the immigration hall when you get off your flight to see if you have a fever. Well, you have to do what you have to do.
    Follow the money. The money don't care about people's health. Hence they will install a fever sensor and give people a false sense of security. The govt is putting tourist dollars ahead of public health. People showing zero symptoms have tested positive after spreading the virus to others, especially young people. Sooooo they may be carrying the virus and present a normal body temperature. If someone arrives with the virus will they send EVERYONE on the plane back?

They got three options:
    1) close the border
    2) quarantine everyone who arrives for more than 2 weeks
    3) test everyone upon arrival

Anything less and the virus will inevitably be in Jamaica.

Asymptomatic woman infects family:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...latives-2020-2

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    Follow the money. The money don't care about people's health. Hence they will install a fever sensor and give people a false sense of security. The govt is putting tourist dollars ahead of public health. People showing zero symptoms have tested positive after spreading the virus to others, especially young people. Sooooo they may be carrying the virus and present a normal body temperature. If someone arrives with the virus will they send EVERYONE on the plane back?

They got three options:
    1) close the border
    2) quarantine everyone who arrives for more than 2 weeks
    3) test everyone upon arrival

Anything less and the virus will inevitably be in Jamaica.
    Your logic is correct but you didn't run it to its final conclusion. All 3 options will fail. Why; Because they have already failed. Why? Because the virus is already in Jamaica. How do I know that? See the first paragraph of your post.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rtitle View Post
    Your logic is correct but you didn't run it to its final conclusion. All 3 options will fail. Why; Because they have already failed. Why? Because the virus is already in Jamaica. How do I know that? See the first paragraph of your post.
    How do you know that the virus is already in Jamaica?

The first paragraph DOES NOT state otherwise.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...refutes-claims

Please stop posting false information..
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Are you kicking me out of this forum?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rtitle View Post
    Are you kicking me out of this forum?
    Why would you be kicked out, you said you have more information about this and the government, so I am simply asking your sources of this info.

If this is true, please relate the source.

Thanks man!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I think what rtitle is saying is there are tourists coming from all over to Jamaica, so chances are, coronavirus is there, and now it's a matter of time. The precautions put in place are basically "security theater". The precautions in place aren't going to help anyone. It can take up to two weeks for any symptoms to show. So, I could carry it into Jamaica after being exposed, and then fly out a week later and still feel OK - meanwhile the virus has been spread to all the people who I interacted with for a week. It only takes one.

Lets not even talk about the fact that there are resorts that cater to italians, where theres an outbreak. Lets not acknowledge that the USA is not really doing much to stop the spread.

User Info Menu

I am new to this board so the last thing I want to do is offend anybody. I have been a nurse for 30 years. I also just booked my next trip to Negril. Only my opinion, but for now (things could change) it is not an apocalypse. Frequent good ol’ hand washing is key. Fly? Sanitizer wipes. Should do that anyway. Rush to a crowded store to stock up on water, sanitizing wipes, canned goods, etc. ? No. Far from that and so is Jamaica. Most that have succumbed to this virus are the same unfortunate peeps that are already immunocompromised or have chronic health issues already. No need to panic. Life is short.