Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NBCC - The rest of the story/after story from Mrs. Gaynair

User Info Menu

I have stayed at NBCC many, many times. Jean Gaynair is a wonderful person. Sorry this has happened.

Well said Kahuna.....

User Info Menu

Well Christine, if all this is true I hope you dumped your "boyfriend" by now. The guy sounds like a winner. If the guy is threatening others with their life, it will only be a matter of time before he turns on you.

User Info Menu

I really have nothing to add to this because I do sympathize with the resort owners that have to deal with "riff raff" when they allow locals on the premises, BUT MAYBE Christine was not aware of this guys reputation.....man, don't want to say it, but thinga are not always as they seem in Ja. It is up to the individual to discern the facts & Christine has maybe had a "wake-up" call. Sorry you got taken Christine,,,,it has happened to MANY!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Northcoast,

It would seem to me things are once again exactly as they appear in Jamaica. A prostitute by any other name is still a prostitute. Whether called a hooker, a gigolo, a beach boy or your "friend", prostitutes are the same the world over. Being "taken" by a prostitute is possibly one of the oldest stories in human history. It is so common in your experience that even you say it has happened to so many.

It is interesting that Bnewb made a rather prophetic post early in the other thread. She mentioned an unrelated incident at a different resort. We have all come to learn that this current incident has many similarities to the incident she posted, including the threat to use the internet to spread a manipulated version of the facts as has once again happened. For her to be able to have done that would mean that things are indeed as they seem when you see them for what they really are, and dont try to make them fit the way you would want them to be.

Not wanting to believe/admit that you are with a prostitute does not mean that things are not as they appear, it simply means that that person is not willing to see things as they really are...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I am really sorry somebody got robbed it is awful and the poster should have posted the full story if a story was to be posted not half of a story.That said she still got robbed and I bet it was a shocking and upsetting time for her.
    The poster should have said the full story and Jean could have perhaps spoken for herself.
    I would be very upset to have this happen to myself and I do sympathise with the poster but I would never sleep in a room with a broken lock and leave the door open while I have expensive items strewn around strangers in a foreign land.I am really sorry to hear this happened to you poster BUT please make better choices next time you do not use a safe or hang with strangers or sleep in a foreign country with doors unlocked.It is trouble tempting.
    It was kind of Jean to replace some funds a lot of places would not.
    It is clear the place needs to step up in regards to security I hope they do but tourists need to use common sense and play their part too.If theres a lock on the door USE it.If no lock or broken lock do you sleep in bed with door wide open with holiday friends with expensive equipment lying around?
    Sad story, sorry it happened, now you have told us at least we can all think about this and be aware.

User Info Menu

Sometimes the person is not "aware" of what is going on, not "unwilling" to see it. It becomes apparent at a later date! That is when the person sees that it was NOT as they have perceived.

User Info Menu

Totally agree northcoast very unfortunate but come on NOT locking your door in Jamaica? or anywhere.If I had two security guards sitting in my garden I would lock my door.They are not there for no reason.

User Info Menu

What a strange twist it would be if HE was the one paying .... that would explain why he apparently is so hard-up for cash!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Northcoast,

Exactly. When you are unaware of something and try to make it fit to some preconceived ideal that you hold, then you are not seeing as it really is. Trying to make something you really dont understand fit into what you want it to be does not mean it is not as it seems, just that you do not have enough knowledge yet to pass any judgement.

Getting back to the point at hand, if your new "friend" is available for you for the duration of your stay, does not appear to actually work anywhere in a real job, yet has nice clothes and treats you more special than other people have and all this time you are footing the bill, maybe a red flag should go up.

Lets be fair, when it comes to prostitutes, it should be rather apparent when you are with one...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Hey, Jamaica is another planet, as far as I'm concerned & I've been here for 6 years! We always lock our doors at night & when we leave, but if guests are here & I am here NOBODY needs to lock any doors because we have a gated property & dogs (as sweet as they are, locals are afraid of them(....they never are a problem for the guests though, because the dogs KNOW they belong there. We do not have robberies on our property. Christine just needs to learn runnings.