Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How I got to Jamaica...too.

User Info Menu

Re: How I got to Jamaica...too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamakafun View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing your story. You were both really brave to take on such an adventure. You have an amazing memory too. Thanks again.
    Being brave shouldn't be confused with being a little naive and making the best of situations. Sometimes you just need to get a little ways out of your comfort zone as that is where potential adventures are waiting to happen. Since this first trip, I have lived in several areas of Jamaica and usually in small, rural towns where an "adventure" or two most every day is almost guaranteed to happen. Over 37 years, Jamaica has been anything but boring and I take notes.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

I enjoyed your writing alot, thanks.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Thank you for the interesting read. I do so miss trip reports on here. It is why I signed up for this forum many years back.

User Info Menu

what a wonderful story, thanks for sharing

User Info Menu

Thank you jojo p and Stoners6 for your replies.

Trip reports serve the purpose of giving people ideas for things to do when their ambitions overcome the sand gravity. Everybody travels for different reasons but I find it necessary to learn more about the people and the places all around the island and can't find personal satisfaction in sunbathing and bar and restaurant hopping. Again, everyone is different and has different ways to be satisfied.

Why a lack of good trip reports? Perhaps people don't do things of interest to write about or they are not motivated enough to share.

I hope some people decided to share a story or two.

Peace and Guidance

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    what a wonderful story, thanks for sharing
    Thanks Shaggy. "It wasn't me"

Respect.

User Info Menu

Loved loved loved your story! Thank you for writing down your memories.

I do trip reports when I can, mostly because I can look back at them to jump start my memories..

User Info Menu

Great story, loved reading all of it, fantastic contribution to the board.

Vacations are temporary, but the stories last a lifetime and you cannot put a value on that.
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Maralunatic View Post
    Loved loved loved your story! Thank you for writing down your memories.

I do trip reports when I can, mostly because I can look back at them to jump start my memories..
    Although I rarely react to the trip reports I read here on this site, I do enjoy most of them. Why not do a trip report? As you say, "they can jump start your memories" and we all can use a little boost right now.

Thank you for your words of appreciation. By writing my memories down, it has me looking at the calendar and checking fares again.

Respect.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGong View Post
    Great story, loved reading all of it, fantastic contribution to the board.

Vacations are temporary, but the stories last a lifetime and you cannot put a value on that.
    Thank you TuffGong.

This self-imposed quarantine has me doing a little introspection and longing for some better times. All these years of traveling and staying all around Jamaica left me with a wealth of memories and a deep well of experiences to draw upon.

Respect.