Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How I got to Jamaica...too.

User Info Menu

Re: How I got to Jamaica...too.

Given that most of us are stuck at home if you would continue telling us about the trip, meaning what you did in Mexico, I doubt the board would mind. I realize it is a Jamaica board but travel is travel. I've had many great experiences in Mexico and I'm sure your trip was no exception.
    Free Vybz Kartel

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGong View Post
    Given that most of us are stuck at home if you would continue telling us about the trip, meaning what you did in Mexico, I doubt the board would mind. I realize it is a Jamaica board but travel is travel. I've had many great experiences in Mexico and I'm sure your trip was no exception.
    Please keep discussions about Negril and Jamaica.

Thank you.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Please keep discussions about Negril and Jamaica.

Thank you.
    No, Thank YOU Besides, I am too worn out to write more anyways.... for now

Respect
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Thanks for understanding man!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

An interesting little tidbit and fallout from writing this story. I mentioned "Hunter" Wint as the guy that took us to Port Royal and Lime Cay well, his son contacted me on Facebook. It seems he was searching his father's name and this site and this thread came up. I was honored when he told me his father spoke of me and my wife a few times and in subsequent trips I spent time with Chef "Hunter" Wint when Peter's house burned in a fire and he relocated down the hill near Foxy's at a place Peter called
    Maya Lodge.

Here is an interesting LA Times article from 1992 talking about him, Peter and Maya Lodge. https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...293-story.html

Peace and Guidance

User Info Menu

On this first trip, I took a Super-8 movie camera which I still have transcribed on to a DVD which I consider personal. My wife did, however, take along a couple of small cameras which I have some pictures I can share. A couple of them are from subsequent trips when I re-traced our steps after her death. Hope you like them.
    Here is a picture my wife took of me as we left Puerto Rico on our way to Kingston, Jamaica....Hawaiian Shirt and all.
    Name:  000.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  60.2 KB
    The Texaco Gas Station in Barbican at the foot of Jack's Hill Road.
    Name:  001.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  266.2 KB
    Maya Lodge on Peter's Rock Road behind Foxy's
    Name:  002.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  605.0 KB
    The road behind Peter's House on the way to the Water Storage Tank.
    Name:  003.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  632.6 KB
    The outdoor patio at Maya Lodge with Hunter, SweetP and the cook.
    Name:  004.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  353.4 KB
    Port Royal view from Fort Charles to the spot where the earthquake on June 7, 1692 submerged half the city.
    Name:  005.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  395.7 KB

Have just a couple more I might share later.
    Peace and Guidance

User Info Menu

Always love your stories Bill. Beautiful memories thanks for sharing!! Your stories about Accompong made me want to see it and dragged Jojo along. Thanks for that too!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Momthor3 View Post
    Always love your stories Bill. Beautiful memories thanks for sharing!! Your stories about Accompong made me want to see it and dragged Jojo along. Thanks for that too!!
    Thank you, Momthor3 for your kind words. I try to make each and every trip an adventure as I like to experience new and different things. This trip coming up I plan to do something different than I have done before and I am so looking forward to it.

Respect.

User Info Menu

Just a few more photos....
    Out on Lime Cay, this shelter over a picnic table has seen better days...
    Name:  006.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  399.9 KB
    Spending the day with "Hunter" Wint.
    Name:  007.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  338.8 KB
    The Kingston Skyline looking back from Lime Cay
    Name:  008.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  419.0 KB
    A look down from the verandah of Firefly with Port Maria and Cabarita Island in the distance.
    Name:  009.JPG
Views: 706
Size:  391.8 KB
    My good and now departed friend Jah Mike Higgins.
    Name:  010.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  239.8 KB

Thank you.

User Info Menu

Doing a little rummaging through old things and came across just a few more pictures. Hope you like them.
    Here is the ticket stub from our Ferry Ride from Kingston to Port Royal.
    Name:  010 FERRY TICKET.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  235.8 KB
    Took this picture while walking through Trenchtown.
    Name:  020 Trenchtown Pic.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  347.7 KB
    Visited Tuff Gong Record Plant and Store.
    Name:  030 Tuff Gong Wall.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  330.3 KB
    While touring the Record Pressing part of Tuff Gong, the operator gave me a freshly pressed 45 as a souvenir.
    Name:  040 Tuff Gong Pressing.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  273.1 KB
    A few more later..