Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~~ Sweetness Onsite Trip Report - Part 4 "Food and Stuff"

User Info Menu

Exclamation ~~ Sweetness Onsite Trip Report - Part 4 "Food and Stuff"

OK getting a bit lazy.....last few days have just been spent enjoying the sun and surroundings. Fresh laundry very affordable. A few luxuries, a one hour nap in the afternoon (what? I never nap lol) and A/C...never missed "not having it or just adjusted but gotta say mid afternoon it has been nice to come in from the sun and have it be cool especially while cooking. So giving thanks for all.

Took a few days off cooking...food at Westender is good and average prices. Had a nice chicken sandwhich on Chiabatta bread with fries for $5US and tonight has curry shrimp which was really good. Did restock the produce though so getting ready to do some more cooking especially on Thanksgiving....gonna make some brownies, gingerbread, roast chicken, dressing, mash irish w/gravy, veg and salad......

....asked about fresh coconuts and the staff grabbed me three to put in my fridge and also brought me some JA cherries from the tree to sample....waiting on the naysberries (sp?) to get ripe so I can try those. Staying in the water - always wet suits but I feel so alive.....to the beach tomorrow so stay tuned. Much love.........

Name:  030.JPG
Views: 432
Size:  38.7 KBName:  001.JPG
Views: 484
Size:  71.7 KBName:  017.JPG
Views: 489
Size:  85.1 KBName:  036.JPG
Views: 498
Size:  88.4 KBName:  010.JPG
Views: 523
Size:  89.4 KBName:  033.JPG
Views: 496
Size:  97.1 KBName:  016.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  43.0 KBName:  026.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  45.1 KB
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

YUM!!! Great food presentation. Loving your trip report and photos!

User Info Menu

Happy Thanksgiving Ms Sweetness. Love those food fictues.

User Info Menu

loving your pics and reports. Thanks Sweetness!
    T

User Info Menu

Try oxtails cooked with lots of onions in guiness and some thyme. Don't forget the salt and pepper.

User Info Menu

Ms Sweetness @ Westender

Sounds like the trip is going as planned, Sweetness. Glad to hear that you're enjoying your stay, but not surprising. Respect --Marblehead

User Info Menu

hi all....thx for the posts....not sure if anyone is out there sometimes lol.

Oxtails MissGurl? Mi no think so...chicken and fish but I neva say neva so might try it....just not a big fan of beef.

Marble....again you steered me in a great direction.....loving it here - want to live here (lol). Happy Turkey Day to you and yours.....
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Sweetness, you know we are all here for your posts!! Loving it! Never stayed at the Westender, but I have spent several afternoons there. It is as you described...awesome with some great folks! So glad you are having a great time. I had no doubts that your visit would be awesome! Enjoy, and keep us posted. It is definitely helping me survive till the 14th, when we leave for Negril. I am so excited as usual and can't wait to be pon da west end again. It is like mi second home!

Can't wait for your next post!! Keep them coming gal!! We are always happy for onsite reports. Happy Thanksgiving Sweetness!!

User Info Menu

Yetta! you are such a kind soul. Jus when I was ready to give up the reports you come in and make me feel better.

I know my reports are kind of boring but I love doing them and sharing my own experience. Your time will fly dear and you will soon come.

Thanks again
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Sweetness - your reports are definately not boring and your photography rocks!
    Have your naseberries ripened yet - a trick I learned in JA is to wrap them in Gleaner and put them under the bed for a couple of days. Naseberries are one of my favourite fruits in JA - I think they taste like apricots sprinkled with brown sugar. Have a great Thanksgiving.