Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new protocol when traveling to Jamaica from Visit Jamaica

User Info Menu

The new protocol when traveling to Jamaica from Visit Jamaica

Name:  33E4D082-E6C3-4673-A7B3-97CA4FBDF027.jpeg
Views: 1424
Size:  201.0 KBName:  26BD8546-D71B-42B3-83E5-709BADAC8D2E.jpeg
Views: 1183
Size:  171.1 KB
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Re: The new protocol when traveling to Jamaica from Visit Jamaica

That's too much to digest for a vacation and will just go back to Antigua again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MissNegril View Post
    That's too much to digest for a vacation and will just go back to Antigua again.
    I was thinking the same thing about a lot to digest...Waiting to see what happens at the end of the month

User Info Menu

Will these protocols apply after a June 30?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Each two week period (phase) the protocols will be examined daily and amended for the following period (phase).

The German govt is asking that contact tracing return to the newly opened flights and that may play a part in the next phase.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

This will discourage many tourist from coming - at this time. I am going to go, however.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by peggyjune View Post
    This will discourage many tourist from coming - at this time. I am going to go, however.
    I just saw a video post on Facebook from a woman that had just arrived at the treehouse and she was explaining what she went through at the airport:
    interviews before she got on the plane, repetitive announcements on the plane about hand sanitizing and social distancing, after landing at MBJ plan on being at the airport for at least three hours, lots of hand sanitizing lots of paperwork very long lines... then a nasal swab... sounds absolutely miserable I will definitely wait to visit!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deanna View Post
    I just saw a video post on Facebook from a woman that had just arrived at the treehouse and she was explaining what she went through at the airport:
    interviews before she got on the plane, repetitive announcements on the plane about hand sanitizing and social distancing, after landing at MBJ plan on being at the airport for at least three hours, lots of hand sanitizing lots of paperwork very long lines... then a nasal swab... sounds absolutely miserable I will definitely wait to visit!
    Besides the nasal swab, sounds like a typical visit to a NYS DMV... lol. I've had trips, where I've missed connections (due to plane wing de-icing), spent hours in a connecting airport trying to get on a stand by list, after 2-3 attempts, finally getting a plane to Jamaica, arriving at the hotel 6-7 hours later than planned, yet I still keep coming down. Heck, I've even spent 3 hours in immigration cause 10 planes landed at once in MoBay. So I just don't see the big deal of going thru the protocol, to help make it safer for everyone, to spend 17 days on my favorite island in the Caribbean.

User Info Menu

Does Club MoBay alleviate any of this?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MissNegril View Post
    Antigua has the same precautions including airport nose swab and only travel to approved hotels. They like most islands want to prevent the virus from spreading from hotspots like the USA, Canada, and UK.