Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news for all travelers!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Good news for all travelers!

Because the new 72 hour testing requirements seem to becoming the new norm, Jamaican government and businesses are coming together to make sure that this poses as little burden on our visitors as possible.

In the short term, tests will be conducted at your resort and sent in bulk to Miami to be processed the same day. Also, the nearly forgotten Jamaica Cares Travel Insurance is being fast tracked for implementation by February 1st.

From the Gleaner:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...nds-virus-test
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Good news for all travelers!

Well this is good news and seems pretty seamless!!! No running around trying to find a testing site! Thanks for the clarification!!
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Because the new 72 hour testing requirements seem to becoming the new norm, Jamaican government and businesses are coming together to make sure that this poses as little burden on our visitors as possible.

In the short term, tests will be conducted at your resort and sent in bulk to Miami to be processed the same day. Also, the nearly forgotten Jamaica Cares Travel Insurance is being fast tracked for implementation by February 1st.

From the Gleaner:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...nds-virus-test
    Hi, I am staying at a small private resort. How do I get testing there? I really need to know fast as my trip is in one week and I am seriously thinking about cancelling if I don't have a good answer for this. Thanks!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Lori,

I must assume that you are planning an extended stay since you will quarantining for 14 days based on your previous post. This will put you well into February.

The government is making procedures as easy as possible for our Canadian visitors who require tests starting on the 18th. Visitors from the US will start needing test results on the 26th.

In a couple days the testing procedures for Canadian visitors will be announced as they would need to start testing on the 15th.

The article I posted has the most current information and what the plans are. Since you are staying at a non Covid compliant property, chances are that you need to go to a central location in Negril for testing, after following all quarantine procedures.

User Info Menu

The paragraph from the article cited above states that there will be "collection points at all the resort towns". This might mean some resorts; but certainly not all resorts. Here is the paragraph, copied and pasted:

"JHTA President Clifton Reader said that in collaboration with the Ministry of Health & Wellness and other authorities, they are exploring the setting up of collection points in all resort towns from which they would send samples to Miami for processing and have the results returned to Jamaica in quick time."

User Info Menu

Anyone know where a non resort guest can get a travel authorization COVID test for travel in 3 days?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    Anyone know where a non resort guest can get a travel authorization COVID test for travel in 3 days?
    When do you need the test?

User Info Menu

We are staying ????? at Idle Awhile and I called there and asked about the procedure for getting the Test to return to to the States..... I was told we have to go to Omega Medical and get the test there at $300 U.S. per person....... Gonna have to think twice about going .....

Ken

Administrator

User Info Menu

New announcements coming Monday... which should change your information from Idle Awhile

User Info Menu

I miss Jamaica. I miss LTU and Catcha and Orange Hill and Westender. We’re taking a 13hr road trip to Kentucky and Tennessee instead. Hardly the same...