Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Pelican Bar trip??

User Info Menu

Pelican Bar trip??

What would it cost to take a trip to the Pelican bar for a couple? Limo Mon Soon Come Jan 11
    Can't sleep already lol

User Info Menu

Love that place - was just there this past Wednesday. There are numerous tour operators who will take you there but if you are staying in Negril, it is a drive so most recommend doing the Black River boat tour or something else in the area (we did YS Falls, Bamboo Ave and then Pelican). Also, if you don't want to go with a group of people, it is very easy to find a local taxi driver to take you at a fairly decent price. I know when I went the first time to Pelican (March 2010) we used one of the local tour groups and also went to Black River and I believe it was about $80 or so (which was a price that was negotiated down) plus. This time around I had a local friend drive us.

User Info Menu

I have researched several drivers and it sounds like it ranges from $110 to $140 for 1 to 4 people to go to YS and then Pelican bar. We are booking those 2 for THIS SUNDAY!!! It sounds like $20 per person for the boat ride out, $15 for YS entrance and $42 to do zip lines.

This is only based on research and watching the Boards since this is my first trip.

29 Hours til Airborne!!!

User Info Menu

IABeachBum - we paid $10 per person for the boat ride out to Pelican Bar. Maybe it depends on where you get on and also I think most individual boat owners will negotiate. Also, unfortunately YS charges different fees for zip lining as well. Kids are $20 on top of the entrance fee and you are correct, $42 for adults. I never asked nor did it cross my mind to ask for a discounted price on the ziplining. One of the guys asked if I was with a tour bus, a group, etc. I said no, my friend is here and pointed to him. Needless to say, the price immediately went down to $20 (local price - not my words but the guy operating the ziplining).