Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it True?

User Info Menu

Is it True?

Rob, just heard from "the rumor mill" that the PM will be making an announcement on Tuesday regarding the tightening of restrictions? I thought they were revisiting these on the 10th? And it seems strange that they would be adding more restrictions while they are letting Dream Weekend go on? Can you advise?

User Info Menu

Re: Is it True?

Not a rumour.... we'll just have to wait and see what happens...

"WITH an uptick in the numbers of new novel coronavirus cases islandwide, possibly signalling the beginning of a third wave, in the few weeks since the Government released Jamaicans from months of restrictive protocols, Prime Minister Andrew Holness yesterday hinted at the possibility of a reintroduction of strict measures."

Here's the link to the full article...
    https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news...imposed_226804

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Not a rumour.... we'll just have to wait and see what happens...

"WITH an uptick in the numbers of new novel coronavirus cases islandwide, possibly signalling the beginning of a third wave, in the few weeks since the Government released Jamaicans from months of restrictive protocols, Prime Minister Andrew Holness yesterday hinted at the possibility of a reintroduction of strict measures."

Here's the link to the full article...
    https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news...imposed_226804
    Thanks Lisa! I wonder how they're going to manage stricter guidelines with all the parties from Dream Weekend going on, unless the parties are restricted in numbers and earlier in the days? Like you said, we'll just have to wait and see.

User Info Menu

Dream weekend seems more like a nightmare and very bad idea. JMO
    Formerly SmokeySteve...but i lost my password.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by loomis41973 View Post
    Dream weekend seems more like a nightmare and very bad idea. JMO
    We’re just going to miss it! Landing on August 15th. So thankful lol. My partying days are long gone!

User Info Menu

We hopefully arrive the 20th.
    Formerly SmokeySteve...but i lost my password.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by loomis41973 View Post
    We hopefully arrive the 20th.
    There’s a few of us meeting up at LTU. You’ll have to join us!

User Info Menu

Anybody ever feel as if they keep waking up caught in the middle of the movie Groundhog Day? I wish I had the answer to end this but doing the same hardcore lockdowns isn't working . I've been lucky enough to come down 4 times since the pandemic , one thing I can tell you with my own eyes is that each time it's been worse with regards to no tourists on the small spots on the beach and jamaican's slowly starving! The all inclusives and some of the bigger hotels towards the ai's are getting by but the smaller ones and the vendors are literally getting crushed. Westend samething with some bigger spots just getting by , some smaller ones are thanking jah for weekend Kingston tourists. This approach is literally slowly squeezing the life out of so many of my friends and people I see when I'm down there. I've bit my tongue from saying anything and each time I come back I wonder how much more can these people take? Like I said I don't have the magic answer I wish I did but this approach ain't it.

User Info Menu

Yep, the struggle is real and getting worse every day! I am witnessing it!

Arrived mid April to witness hunger, high food costs, uptick in fuel costs and hear disappointment from locals for the lack of assistance from Govt. Many folks go to bed hungry every night! Sad situation. In June I helped a friend apply for a govt grant that would put money in his account. As of today, still no money/assistance. Last Sunday I made 2 pots of soup and shared with those I could. Appreciative to receive a cup, still they went to bed hungry.

Been through several curfew changes since my reach. We will see how/if they change again.

User Info Menu

Jambarney & Sandytoes, you've truly seen the desperation as we know others have...the Gov't assistance is basically non-existent.

Our business owners are terrified that they won't be able to stay open with the possibility of new curfews/lockdowns...all trying to help each other out.

The contributions that you've made so far have helped incredibly and everyone is Beyond Thankful.
    None of us expected to be asking for your help this late in the year...but here we are...

If you can...please consider contributing to our small businesses and donating to St. Anthony's Kitchen...
    https://Negrilstore.com.